1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: What does "uncomfortable" mean? Jason Garrett now says he would be open...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Jan 3, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,006 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    One day after the Dallas Cowboys' season-ending loss to the Washington Redskins, coach Jason Garrett shot down all talk of his possibly giving up play-calling duties next season.

That was on Monday.

Now on Thursday — a day after a bristling owner Jerry Jones said it would be an "uncomfortable" few weeks at the team’s Valley Ranch headquarters and changes were coming in how the Cowboys did things after going 8-8 for a second straight season — Garrett says he will be open to anything that helps the team succeed.

“We would just talk it through,” Garrett said on KRLD/105.3 FM radio when asked what he would do if Jones asked him to bring in a play-caller.

“Line 1 for me and the position that I’m in is what is best for the Dallas Cowboys — in every way, shape and form and however we’re doing anything. Everything is on the table. If we think collectively that something can help us and doing something differently than what we’re doing now is going to make us a better football team I’m open to it.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-bringing-in-a-play-caller.html#storylink=cpy
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,006 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    :laugh1: What a coincidence. After talking to Jerry ole red is open to bringing in a play caller.
  3. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,762 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    its almost like jerry is the boss or something.... huh! whoda thunk .
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,703 Messages
    4,563 Likes Received
    I'd have to go back and check, but I believe JG's been emphatic about play calling because Jerry has been.

He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who'd have an issue upgrading any part of the team--including a part he was responsible for--if it made the team more successful. He made his career as a backup, for crying out loud.
  5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,240 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    yep, that garrett sure has a backbone

he is not about to roll over and bark when the owner says so
  6. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,851 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    I find it funny that many, many people were calling for a play caller all season long. Now it looks like we are going to get one, and people freak out about Jerry. Yet, if a GM were to insist upon it all would be good in the world.
  7. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,017 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    GM remember..?

Or am I missing something in your comment..?

If Jones insists on being involved from socks to jocks as he insists he is..then he needs to stop being PT Barnum and start paying attention to wishful thinking about his prodigy Garrett and make some major changes, not some meaningless tweaks.

After the 2007 season, Jones turned his attention to building the stadium instead of running the football team and in the process..lost Parcells, the rest of his coaching staff one by one..

and NOW he thinks it's uncomfortable..?

Hey..it was uncomfortable back when Romo was down in Mexico partying before our playoff loss to the Jints and it's never been the same since.

Again, Romo was the leader of the team then just like he is now. And also, the same results..BTW.

Thanks for your comment. I thought it pertinent. I just think it all runs deeper than we all realize..what's wrong with the Cowboys.

:star: RedBaLL ExPreSS:star:
  8. LUVDABOYS

LUVDABOYS Member

233 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Disagree. Jason said, if we agree collectively that something can help us and doing something differently than what we’re doing now is going to make us a better football team I’m open to it.

He's allready said he wasnt open to it. "Coachspeak" me thinks. I Like JG, but hope hiring a OC is priority #1 for Jerry, and I hope JG agrees. Just not Norv pls