1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What ever happened to Romo being accurate?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by vaturkey, Dec 15, 2013.

1. vaturkey

vaturkey Active Member

396 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Seems like he is missing more throws then ever before. Throwing behind receivers whether they are crossing routes or long routes. There were probably three long passes that he just flat out missed the receivers. Dez should have gotten at least 3 long plays. Everything was behind? Is his arm shot or is it mental. Seems like he his performance has gotten worse this year even though his overall pick numbers are down.
    ufcrules1 and CowboyMike like this.
  2. Gorgeyhopper

Gorgeyhopper Member

111 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    All year long he has been missing deep passes. Its definitely he's losing his arm. Most on here didn't want to admit but he's been very inaccurate this year. Oh yeah and we're stuck with him for years to come.
    ufcrules1, lostar2009 and ShiningStar like this.
  3. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,154 Messages
    1,096 Likes Received
    The only excuse would be an undisclosed injury, but I doubt that is the case. He just looks awful.
    CopenhagenCowboy likes this.
  4. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,238 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    honestly I don't see it. Its all confidence with Romo. In first half he looked like Aikman. Then things start getting weird and it freaks Romo out each time. He just doesn't have the mettle to be championship QB.
  5. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,809 Messages
    1,074 Likes Received
    The cure to throwing deep balls if your arm is weak is throw it earlier, a lot earlier.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  6. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,865 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    I never remember him ever being accurate on deep throws.
  7. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,014 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    Romo and Accurate shouldn't be used in the same sentence..
    lostar2009 and WestCoastQB like this.
  8. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,371 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    Thats why I find it crazy when people are saying this is his best year blah blah. Not its not. He's not as accurate. He no longer can escape,(which made him exciting). He cant throw a deep ball if his son's life depended on it. What the hell?
    CopenhagenCowboy likes this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,602 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    He shorted quite a few long balls.

No zip on his throws. Almost like he's lobbing them off his back foot.
  10. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,031 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    To be fair with the last interception, we should have NEVER been in that position. That aside, no he looked horrible this game and this year. Than again a few qbs have been off this year.
  11. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,098 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    It doesn't look like an arm strength issue to me. It isn't like he is putting everything he has into these throws. It looks like he is trying to put too much touch on them instead of driving them.
  12. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,795 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    He certainly accurately signed that extension. Hated it then, hate it now.
  13. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,700 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    He has underthrown and overthrown guys all season. I think he's scared to throw interceptions, but the solution to that is to throw accurately. I'm just dumbfounded at every facet of this team right now.
  14. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,700 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    He was more accurate than he is now. I remember TO benefitting from it.
  15. robbieruff

robbieruff Member

45 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Agreed…he has always had issues with deep throws…often they require his WR to adjust on the ball while a throw hitting in stride would have resulted in a TD…more often that not, Tony's deep balls always seem to be a bit short or drifting to one side or the other...
  16. vaturkey

vaturkey Active Member

396 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Agree with him so trying to make the perfect throw that he tries to put too much touch on it. Or he's turning into a chuck and duck quarterback and not willing to take a hit in the pocket anymore. I thought about it last night and Dez could have had at least two touchdowns and another 100 yards of receiving if Romo could have hit him in stride.
  17. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,786 Messages
    336 Likes Received
    offseason back surgery was more serious than they are letting on. And when TO was here...he absolutely could throw the deep ball...age, hits, and injuries caught up to him
    Everson24 likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,603 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    Too much on them? He was SHORT on many balls tonight.
  19. vaturkey

vaturkey Active Member

396 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I said too much touch. That's not the same as throwing it short. He's trying to make the perfect throw instead of just throwing the ball. Usually young quarterbacks do that when they are afraid of making a bad throw. They try to guide the throw versus just throwing the ball. I think Romo is beat up. He doesn't have the escape ability he used to have. Being beat on and being older probably has a lot to do with it. It's not like he is a big guy for sure. He's not god awful, but he is missing throws he used to always make.
  20. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

767 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    thats what happens when you dont have time to get your feet set like you need to