1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What I noticed today

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Kangaroo, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As I have flipped through several games the RB; H-Backs and FB type players today have been bad on picking up blitzer I mean totally not seeing them or doing a bad job blocking them and getting their QB killed.

Several example Domnic Davis got Carr blown up a couple times and in SD they had a te or a fb back (84) with the rb for max protect and the guy goes in untouched and decapitated Brees
  2. Jay

Jay Active Member

1,622 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I saw Curtis Martin miss picking up a blitz twice.

I've also seen Warrick Dunn do it twice or it may have been three times.
  3. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,140 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    David Carr is starting to resemble a speed bump.
  4. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It is a shame what is going on down in Texans land. David Carr is a pretty good quarterback but their offensive line just cannot pick up the rush or a blitz to save their lives.

There needs to be a change of coaching staff down that way and I have a feeling one is coming as well because the Texans should be further along then this.

I still cant beleive they beat us in their first game....

- Mike G.
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,591 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    I still cannot believe that they have not put a lot of draft choices or FA into their O line- that is what is getting Carr killed- and I think it has finally worn him down.
    Shame- because I really think he could be a good QB if he had a decent line.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,591 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    Polite did at least one OLE - might have messed up others that I missed. No wonder BP is pushing that hard to all backs.
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,184 Messages
    1,539 Likes Received
    i really dont like carr. i think he was overrated to begin w/...

it all problem comes from friggin theisman prazing this kid in that first game against the cowboys.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,129 Messages
    4,328 Likes Received
    Carr may be one of those guys we will never know about. I thought he was doing better last year but has looked like complete crap this year. He (as do most QB's) need a good line.
  9. jman

jman Active Member

1,765 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good observation...Also see Rashard Lee.