1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What if Cowboys select QB Derek Carr with the 1st pick?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by btcutter, Apr 23, 2014.

1. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,757 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    At pick 16......Barr and Donald still there. Or at pick 16 neither are there.
    QB Manzal and Bortles gone. Bridgewater still on board too.

1. Throw the chair at you TV.
    2. Ecstatic that the front office is forward thinking and believe there's a future after Romo.
    3. Ambivalant about the pick....
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,178 Messages
    2,237 Likes Received
    That's it....you are banned for a least one week for starting this thread. :mad::mad:
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  3. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,651 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    4.Looks up info on the internet to see how hot his girlfriend is, since that is the vogue thing this year.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    I would be upset with the pick but supportive of the player. I really do not think this will happen I really do not see Dallas taking any QB in rd 1. Based on visits it will be defensive or OL. The QB's they have looked at should be there later in the draft.
  5. btcutter

2,757 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    It's been a long wait for the draft when they moved it to May.

This is one scenario that really hasn't been played out. We take a QB that's not named Manzel with the 1st. We all are looking for a QB later in the draft but what if the brass think Carr's got franchise written on him if he can sit for a year or two.
  6. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,926 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    I'd hate the pick (not a fan of his) but hope for the best.
  7. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,753 Messages
    5,021 Likes Received
    I would get ready for a lot more bubble screens.
    brooksey1 likes this.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,050 Messages
    1,925 Likes Received
    Well, I would not be against Carr but I would much rather see us take him at the bottom of the 1st or in the 2nd.
  9. btcutter

2,757 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    If the top 10 teams all decide to pass on QB in the 1st round then bunch of them will be trading back into the lower half of the 1st to get a QB. If Cowboys really like a QB then you need to pull a trigger at 16. Can't really screw around and trade back thinking he'll still be there. Some team will leap frog you and take your guy if you trade back.
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,050 Messages
    1,925 Likes Received
    Yeah, you pretty much can. There's no reason, at all, to reach for any player in this draft. If you want the QB, then take him at the appropriate time. It's not as if he's a sure fire #1 pick. Heck, I would really not take him in the 1st round at all. He's a good player and I think he would fit our offense but I would not reach for him and that's what I feel like we would be doing at 16. JMO

Now, I don't see all the teams passing on a QB in the top 10 but if that happened, then somebody would likely be willing to move up to 16 and that's where we should try and make hay.
  11. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    If Barr and Donald were there, I would have a panic attack and I'd be a danger to myself and others.
  12. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,877 Messages
    1,464 Likes Received
    love these threads
    what if clowney, mack, Donald, barr, and Manziel are there 16 but they take Evans?
  13. ceerrece

ceerrece Active Member

285 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    1.- And it's my wheelchair!
  14. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,798 Messages
    923 Likes Received
    Drafting him and sitting him a year or two would pretty much guarantee he would not end up a franchise quarterback.
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,028 Messages
    9,129 Likes Received
    Short of taking a cornerback, it would probably be the worst use of our first round pick.
  16. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,110 Messages
    4,436 Likes Received
    The only QB I could see Jerry taking in the first is Johnny
  17. btcutter

2,757 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    Explain please.
    Some have him rated above Bridgewater.
  18. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    That should be the reaction by a fan that has faith in the Cowboys' draft process.
  19. Bwareinrings94

Bwareinrings94 Active Member

546 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    I would immediately be interested to see his training camp highlights at the 3-technique.
  20. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,066 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    He a 2nd tier QB who is way higher on draft boards than he should be simply because hes a QB. In reality he's not even a top 40 prospect in this draft class.