1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What if Garrett stays and Callahan gets fired

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by xwalker, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,993 Messages
    958 Likes Received
    If the OC who is running Jason's offense gets fired, why would you retain the creator of that offense in the first place?
  2. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,428 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    You still have yet to answer the question.
  3. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,415 Messages
    1,779 Likes Received
    I think the masses are starting to sour on Garrett and when that happens, you're done here. Jerry loved Owens, but once the masses turned on him, that was it.
  4. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

1,520 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Nope.
  5. CashMan

1,428 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I think, what I thought was happening when TO was let go was, Stephen was taking over, and was football competent. That doesn't seem the case.
  6. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,081 Messages
    2,083 Likes Received
    Media is already starting with the, should the play-calling be handed back to Garrett articles... media loves them some Garrett...
    Chocolate Lab likes this.
  7. khiladi

12,081 Messages
    2,083 Likes Received
    He was HC... Norv Turner is one of the best OCs in the game, provided he stays within those limits... He's a QBs dream...
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
  8. khiladi

12,081 Messages
    2,083 Likes Received
    You must have missed Coslett and Zampese years.. that was the first step in the decline of the Cowboys glory days...
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
  9. khiladi

12,081 Messages
    2,083 Likes Received
    BTW, Callahan sucks.. he just doesn't suck as much as Jason... Jason's stench is all over this organization now, they need to cut ties...
  10. CashMan

1,428 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    Bruce Coslet was a coach in 2002, Aikman last played in 2000. Ernie Zampese, was a coach from 94-97 won a SB, and I believe they were pretty competitive up until 96ish. When people say the 90s team, it means the 91-96 teams.
  11. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,579 Messages
    1,260 Likes Received
    If Jason is retained they would probably fall back onto him.

Considering who is calling the shots this is the most likely scenario. Ugh.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,050 Messages
    1,924 Likes Received
    I feel like the masses are pulling the wheels off before the car has even come to a stop here. We still have a lot of football left.
    Wolf2k5 likes this.
  13. khiladi

12,081 Messages
    2,083 Likes Received
    I meant Norv Turner departing as OC that year was the first step in their decline... Of course they were competitive, because they had talent, but their offense from schematic stand-points started suffering. They started suffering serious holes once he left, among them red zone scoring with Ernie Zampese. In the SB against the Steelers, the first 3 possessions insie the red-zone, they were 1-3 in TD scoring and the firs TD, it was on a 3rd and 9 after Aikman got sacked. Then our offense just stalled, if not for the LB TOs. It was also the eight yard out, when one needs 10 yards era as well from what I remember.

Part of it also was Novacek's back injuries.
  14. PAINFROMUKRAINE

PAINFROMUKRAINE Active Member

191 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    We all know that Opie doesn't know how to step on the brakes to stop the car. Heck, he does not know how to drive.
  15. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,503 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    Yeah but it's the bye week after a blow out loss. If it was a blow out win we would all be talking Superbowl!
  16. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,050 Messages
    1,924 Likes Received
    LOL........

Yep.
  17. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,521 Messages
    932 Likes Received
    I won't be real optimistic if Red returns next year.

Only way I even will be somewhat happy with his return, is if we do a complete 360 starting next game, motioning Dez, finding unique ways to get him the ball, more exotic offensive looks that work, and then Making it to the SB.

All in all the last part is more important, if that does not happen, and Red is still here, I will join the everyday negative crowd. I doubt Jerry keeps him, but you never know.
  18. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,087 Messages
    5,410 Likes Received
    I think it's only Garrett's offense in terms of the wording. The design of the offense appears to be different. They are using different route dombination, etc. under Callahan.
  19. CashMan

1,428 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I dont think there is a correlation in the decline of the Cowboys and Norv leaving. I think the implimentation of the salary cap and age was the demise of the them.
  20. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,095 Messages
    454 Likes Received
    Hugh Jackson in CIN comes to mind. I would love to steal Josh McDaniels from NE.