1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What if Garrett stays and Callahan gets fired

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by xwalker, Nov 14, 2013.

1. BubbleScreen

BubbleScreen Member

833 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    The only fire that would make a difference is at GM. But that won't happen, so the same death spiral continues.
  2. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,996 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    There aren't any excuses for Garrett anymore. He's done if he doesn't have a good playoff run.
  3. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Again, there are multiple reasons. One of them was Norv Turner. Free agency took some time, while the offense had shown struggles when left.
  4. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,472 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Yea, I dont think they can "Rob Ryan" Callahan and keep Opie a second straight year in a row.........................That card has already been played.
  5. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

843 Messages
    403 Likes Received
    It doesn't matter who the OC is as long as Garrett is HC. Keeping JG would just be more wasted time. We have wasted enough time off the careers of the talent we do have have in hopes that Garrett succeeds. Jerry has basically wasted 3 years of an entire team's career in hopes for one man to succeed.
  6. Beast_from_East

15,472 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Simple answer.........................you wouldnt.................I mean, not if you actually want to win some games.
  7. Beast_from_East

15,472 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Dude..........your are depressing the hell out of all of us with this type of talk...................I would rather go 0-16 with the national Madden champion calling the plays then to watch the "Opie 500 tour" for another freaking season.
  8. KevinU

KevinU Active Member

352 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    I would like Ken Whisenhunt.
    DezBRomo9 likes this.
  9. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,728 Messages
    689 Likes Received
    The whole assistant HC thing isn't considered a promotion anymore. It'd be a lateral move.
    Common Sense likes this.
  10. DezBRomo9

DezBRomo9 Not enough blitzing.. Zone Supporter

1,636 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I thought about him too, have him call his old friend Ray Horton for a DC job and keep Marinelli. Or give Pep Hamilton a shot..PH loves him some 12 formations in Indy..
  11. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,031 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    Ah I see thanks for the clarification.
  12. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,902 Messages
    4,466 Likes Received
    Are the odds of a large asteroid strike greater or smaller than the odds of winning the Power Ball?
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,601 Messages
    5,513 Likes Received
    Did you ever consider it might be unreasonable to have a good playoff run with our injury situation on defense?
  14. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,996 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    No. Injuries happen.
  15. Beast_from_East

15,472 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Funny, the other guy didnt get a pass for injuries last year...................see Rob Ryan.
  16. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    Turner won't come here as OC under Garrett. It's old news
  17. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,415 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    I'd love an explanation on why keep Garrett in that case because as far as him leading the two squads and holding the coaches responsible for their production, he has failed miserably.
  18. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I'm team Whisenhunt too. Unfortunately, Ray Horton is under contract as the Browns defensive coordinator.

Had two chances to hire that guy and we screwed up both. Unbelievable.
  19. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Aside from his YPA increasing by over a yard his first full season with Norv (and maintaining that increase over 4 years), leading the NFL in passing yards in 2010 (while completing passes to 17 different receivers) and setting career highs in virtually every single statistical category, not much.

Be serious here man, you've got to do some homework before you start spewing this stuff off. Despite the last year of his tenure, Norv was the key to turning Rivers into an amazing QB.
  20. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,957 Messages
    1,520 Likes Received
    Neither are as large as the odds of a new GM next year :(
    jobberone likes this.