1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What if we go BPA?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by fffiasco, Apr 8, 2011.

1. fffiasco

fffiasco Member

733 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    What if we end up selecting Quinn or Bowers?

How would you guys feel about picking up a gaurd in the second round and possibly moving Bigg Davis to Right Tackle?

Complete Fail?

Just thinking out loud...
  2. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Honestly, I don't think he has what it takes to play Tackle anymore. He's not worth what he is paid.
  3. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    i wouldnt mind quinn one bit . never have enough playmakers on defense. but i wouldnt touch bowers even in the second round.
  4. fishspill

fishspill Active Member

937 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I'm a big Quinn advocate, but it is a risky pick. I'd go with him over anyone except Dareus and maybe Peterson.

No worries, all indications are the Cowboys have no intentions of even considering him. At least that's the scuttlebutt.
  5. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,875 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I'm fine with that because I think we can get a starting RT at the top of the 2nd round.

As far as moving Bigg to RT, no way. His mobility sucks as a guard. Do you think he's going to be any better at tackle?
  6. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I don't want Bowers or Quinn. Both are 4-3 DE.

Quinn has played football in over a year and isn't good vs the run. Also Quinn has never had to cover.

Bowers is a one year wonder and isn't a 3-4 LB. Can't cover and not great in space. There is a reason why he is falling.

As for Davis at RT, year he could do it but you wouldn't want him to. He would be the same as Colombo if not worse so no thanks.

If at 9 all we had to choose form is Bowers or Quinn then I would trade back in a heart beat. Who else is on the board. I would take Watt or Jordan over Bowers or Quinn.
  7. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think Bowers may fall into the mid 1st round too. I think his injury concerns are very real.

Quinn, I think we have other needs and talent exist that is equal. Now, if that talent gets grabbed before we get to the 9th pick and IF we can't find a proper trade down, then I would be happy with Quinn.
  8. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Trading back; I can agree with, but I take Quinn over both Watt and Jordan if I had to make a choice. I would take Bowers too, but I'm very concerned about his injury status.
  9. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,060 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    There is a reason Bowers "could fall" and it's his knee. He's an end in a 3-4, he's already 280.
  10. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    why is that some people just look at wieght. He is no way a 3-4 DE. Do you have any clue what a 3-4 DE does. Bowers can not take on blockers and stuff the run. He is a pass rusher and that it. Bowers is not a 3-4 OLB, he isn't great in space and has never had to cover any one. Sorry man but Bowers is a 4-3 DE only.
  11. supercowboy8

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    WHy would you take Bowers, where would he play?

As for Quinn, I don't think he fits a 3-4 defense. HE is a WOLB only if anything in a 3-4 and will take a year atleast to develop. Quinn is weak vs the run. Castanzo owned him in the run game in 09. Quinn is a great pass rusher and makes a very good 4-3 DE.
  12. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,373 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Hi I'm in the wrong thread.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,918 Messages
    1,663 Likes Received
    Can almost nver go wrong going BPA...assuming your board really reflects BPA. That is a huge question.

Almost always 100% of the teams have their top 15 BPA boards wrong when they look back a few years later.
    So unelss you feel very strongly about a player being BPA when you are on the clock, it's helps to mix need with value.

I'd take Quinn if he was our BPA at #9, but I 'm not sure he would be.