1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What if we lose?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,801 Messages
    7,167 Likes Received
    I just want to poll the room before the game. This isn't a prediction. It's not doom and gloom. I already know if we win everyone will still have playoff hopes for this year.

But what if we lose this game? Is it over? Do we still have a realistic shot at it or will your focus go towards the offseason and what needs to be done for a better 2013?
  2. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The bell tolls if we lose this one.

It's not over statistically, and I will withhold the slightest measure of hope...but I won't expect anything.
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,461 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    board will melt down, fuses will be blown, pitch forks for garret's and rob ryans heads(if we lose its because rg3 goes off vs our zone defenese when we play mobile qb's or jason garret's poor offensive gameplan).
  4. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,395 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Pretty wide open division still. That should be the goal. The wildcard is most likely not coming out of this division.
  5. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,789 Messages
    552 Likes Received
    I'm not giving up in this season until we are officialy out, but losing this game will only show how inconsistent this team is, and making the playoffs after that would mean changing the whole culture and direction of the team in the final 5 games.

It would be pretty tough to do.
  6. elcowboi

elcowboi Active Member

836 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I'm personally optimistic until the numbers say their mathmatically out of it.
  7. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,935 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Playoffstatus.com says our playoff chances are 67 percent if we win today and 33 percent if we lose today.
  8. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,256 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    If Giants lose to GB, we're still one game back...anything can happen.

We are not a very good team, and with our struggle scoring points, we won't do much in the playoffs...however, even with a loss today, our chances winning the division won't change much.
  9. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,325 Messages
    1,640 Likes Received
    If we lose it may as well be over.

I'll still hope for the best, but not like the kool aid drinking hopers here who post weekly about how much of a legitimate shot we have. A loss today and it just confirms what we've been seeing all year - a team that really isnt very good.

My Christmas wish will be for Jerruh to have a revelation about the importance of the OL!
  10. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,101 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    this team was not built to win it this year--that we are playing relevant games this late in the season is gravy--if we lose, I'll be pissed, but I'll get over it in a hurry and keep cheering for the Boys
  11. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,864 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    The Giants play the Packers so we would still be in the race. This division will come down to the last week like always.
  12. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,688 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    If we lose, it will be wise to not post here for a good while. This place will be meltdown city.
  13. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,642 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    We Won't Lose!!!!!
  14. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

896 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    I don't think they can afford to lose any of the remaining divisional games. Maybe one, but I don't like the chances if they do.
  15. Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu Lurch

1,996 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    If they lose this team will most likely be a 8-8 or 7-9 team.
  16. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

1,904 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    If they lose, then they don't make the playoffs. Have to win this type of game - division matchup, very beatable opponent.
  17. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,222 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    Season is over.

If we can't beat Washington we shouldn't even think of the playoffs. Thats because we will all be disappointed in the outcome. We might as be disappointed now and find out how far this team can go. Rather than go 8-8 and have a below average, mediocre draft selection - I rather see them rebuild and focus on ways to REALLY improve. Get rid of Garrett's philosophy and get rid of the dead weight, and start the rebuilding process early.
  18. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Season is basically over if we don't win today.
  19. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,145 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    If we lose? I don't think about that before the game, because I am a deluded homer who always thinks we are going to win. Nothing I can do about it.

:starspin :starspin :starspin
  20. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,336 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    If Dallas loses and Giant beat the Packers...its over. But I think Dallas comes out with 1 point victory and GB handle gmen rather easily.