1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: What Jones thinks about Eddie George - Foxsports.com Czar

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by TonyS, Sep 13, 2004.

1. TonyS

TonyS Well-Known Member

1,409 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Dallas owner Jerry Jones is apparently questioning his decision to give former Tennessee RB Eddie George a $1.5 million signing bonus. George didn't see the field in the second half Sunday and Jones would trade him in a heartbeat. And when rookie Julius Jones returns, George could be fourth string. Dallas should have never signed him.

Link to article
  2. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

5,491 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    I think EG is getting a bad rap for his first game. He did pretty good from my perspective. He didn't get a lot of reps so it's hard to judge him right now. I still think he can be useful. He really could have been useful in the first half inside the 20. But I'm just a diehard fan sitting on the couch. What do I know :rolleyes:
  3. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,723 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    not much can be done now can it! and who is the czar anyway :rolleyes:
  4. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,370 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    EG had a couple of nice runs, but he also had a couple where he turned a 10-15 yard gain into a 2-3 yard gain.

We ran between Allen and Adams and he hit the hole late and got 3 yards...Lee gashed them for 13 and the TD on the same play with the same type of hole.

We blocked the sweep perfectly and EG did not have the burst to get up field. Every other back on our team would have picked up a huge chunk on that play, EG got 2 yards.
  5. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

5,491 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    You're probably right.
  6. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,121 Messages
    2,766 Likes Received

No kidding.

That one was like shooting fish in a barrel it was so easy. Heck even a trainable like myself could look at Eddie George's stats over the last 4 years and tell he was toast.

The trouble was people thought they were getting the Eddie George of 6-7 years ago... and quite truthfully he wasn't that good then either.
  7. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

and, let's not forget, those stats were compiled with a vastly superior offense...in 9 million carries, Eddie George has never made one guy miss a tackle...he runs upright...and when a guy like that starts to slide, it's over.

This was Bill Parcells doing the caricature of himself routine. But, Eddie George isn't OJ Anderson
  8. Midswat

Midswat Benched

2,508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree . . .

I was initially impressed with how well EG was running early in the game. He wasn't that impressive, but it was just better than I'd seen him run in our uniform.

But he looked like junk compared to what Lee was able to do . . .

I was against signing EG, but once we did I tried to find the silver lining. Unfortunately . . . I still haven't found it.
  9. Mike 1967

Mike 1967 New Member

2,771 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am not losing my mind after all.

This is exactly what I was preaching during the preseason.....when I was being one of those instant evaluators.
  10. SmashFactorGolf

SmashFactorGolf New Member

345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ........on the exact same type of back in the draft (Steven Jackson)
  11. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,863 Messages
    1,750 Likes Received
    It's at least comforting to know that they are onto EG's lack of firepower. I was beginning to think they were blind to it.

Leadership smeadership - I hope he never sees another down.
  12. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

What he said! :)
  13. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    He wishes.... :D
  14. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,121 Messages
    2,766 Likes Received
    Evening Sarge.

BTW I love the title! LOL!
  15. CowboysNumeroUno

CowboysNumeroUno Member

461 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Isn't George's contract a one year deal? And since we have so much cap space, does the signing bonus really matter besides it being a bad decision.
  16. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,725 Messages
    2,401 Likes Received
    I was just as unhappy with Richie Anderson. He took snaps away from Lee who I thought was running like a man possessed, and he put the ball on the carpet.

Right now, where I sit, I'd take Lee, Jones and Martin over Richie, Eddie, and Barnes.

I think we'd have a more powerful running attack. It would be a lot more explosive. I also think Jones can be just as good an outlet receiver as Richie.
  17. Sarge

20,863 Messages
    1,750 Likes Received
    Hostile gave me it.

Evenin'.
  18. Hostile

118,725 Messages
    2,401 Likes Received
    Glad you like it. One of my all time favorite posts by you directed at me. :eek:
  19. Sarge

20,863 Messages
    1,750 Likes Received
    Oh, I've directed that one at many.

;)

Thanks BTW
  20. Hostile

118,725 Messages
    2,401 Likes Received
    Yeah there is. Gray area on the right by "The Czar." The last blip.