1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What team is 6th in offense & 5th in defense in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MichaelWinicki, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,612 Messages
    3,498 Likes Received
    Isn't it sickening?
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,707 Messages
    418 Likes Received
    Interestingly enough, Jerry Jones has forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

For the billionth time, you can't spend 20 years running a football team and not learn enough to be a "football guy".
  3. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,056 Messages
    1,910 Likes Received
    There is some merit to that.
  4. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

And for the billionth and one time, that simple truth will fall on dead ears.
  5. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Don't know where to start with this nonsense.....

Who's taking pride on these stats?

Would you feel better if our yards gained and surrendered ranked as low as our point and win total?

Have you considered this an honest attempt to better analyze the proplem?
  6. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,799 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    He seems to be pulling it off quite nicely.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,833 Messages
    5,392 Likes Received
    There's no merit to it. Why? Because he can't get fired.

20 years in the league usually means something because you have to first earn the gig and then perform to keep it. Jerry has done neither.
  8. Risen Star

19,833 Messages
    5,392 Likes Received
    Really. The single worst GM in all of football. But hey, he's managed to stay alive for the last 20 years, so he's a football guy now. Pay no attention to the results on the field. Just trust me on this.
  9. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,207 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    That, in a nutshell, is exactly where I'm at with this team right now. The players don't seem to be paying attention to the little things that get you beat: dropped passes, fumbles, missed blocks, penalties, lack of focus, and yes even picks. Much of that stuff should be correctable through coaching, but it's not being fixed. I want to know why.

If I was a member of the Dallas sports media, I would be asking Garrett or Jerry Jones that question every chance I could get until I got an answer.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,940 Messages
    3,878 Likes Received
    Me, too. I think they're working on it, but it's not getting fixed. I'm willing to give JG some leeway to get it done, but I'd like to know more specifics about how they're handling it. For example, the stuff we got out of the game coverage last week re: how ATL handles penalties was informative.

No turnovers last week--and not looking much in Dez's direction--is a start in terms of what they've decided to do. We'll see if the streak can carry over tomorrow.
  11. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Yes...you can.
  12. Idgit

27,940 Messages
    3,878 Likes Received
    You really can't. And when you're as smart as Jerry Jones is, and have the resources to bring in the best teachers on the market, you have to figure that some of it sinks in after a decade or two.
  13. wileedog

9,799 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    What the heck part of 1 playoff win in 17 years are you not understanding?

HE'S A LEAGUE-WIDE JOKE.

It doesn't matter what may or may not have "sunk-in", the results have been completely catastrophic for a long, long, long time.
  14. Idgit

27,940 Messages
    3,878 Likes Received
    I don't think he is. I think he's respected in a lot of areas for good reasons, and I think other teams have a healthy respect for the talent on our roster right now. Where he gets criticism from within the league is from his reputation for being too lenient with players, too loyal, and, as a result, undermining our head coaches. And from our own fans, he gets criticized for everything whether it has anything to do with him, or not.
  15. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    And this is where their argument has no answer. If Jerry was just a GM he wouldve been fired long ago, and probably never hired again. And if you take into account that the cowboys when at their best have been headed by coaches who by and large have been allowed to bring in their own players, it further goes to show that Jerry is inept as a GM. History tells this story quite clearly.
  16. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,822 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    Don't care how much you know, you're either good at it or not. And he may be a football guy, as some technical people like to say, but he's bad at it. And when you're bad at something, you should be replaced.
  17. Risen Star

19,833 Messages
    5,392 Likes Received
    Stop it.

Dan Snyder. Football guy.
  18. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,109 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    now that is an arguement closer
  19. wileedog

9,799 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones himself has said he would fire himself. If he cared about anything but himself.
  20. wileedog

9,799 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    Feel free to go to 31 other team message boards and ask them if they would want Jerry as the owner/self-appointed GM of their team.

Enjoy the laughter that ensues.