1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What the Lions did better than us in 2013

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by percyhoward, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,673 Messages
    832 Likes Received
    LOL! I thought this at first too... it's related to Linehan.
  2. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,187 Messages
    1,914 Likes Received
    I guess we could look at offenses with QB comparable to ours, but their OC aren't available at the moment.
    dstovall5 likes this.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,820 Messages
    5,531 Likes Received
    The stats for that day were clear as day, and they definitely told the whole story.

Pass defense stats matter, too. Detroit was probably the best example of that all year.
    windward likes this.
  4. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

795 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    I wonder why norv been dodging us... No one really want to come to Dallas unless there are no other options.
  5. Idgit

29,820 Messages
    5,531 Likes Received
    Whatever gives you that idea?
  6. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

795 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Who would want to come here ? The owner will tell them how to do there jobs and makes moves for them. At the end of the day no one want those blemish on their resume. Look at how they did RR, they made him the fall guy...while we have a dc on staff now that should be fired or retire.
  7. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

795 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    If i was a serious coach i would not come here unless JJ give me full control
  8. Idgit

29,820 Messages
    5,531 Likes Received
    So, you're just speaking from your personal opinion here. Well, I can't argue that.

I think most good coaches would welcome a chance to work for the Cowboys. But then, I also think Rob Ryan was a blowhard and a fool.
  9. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,974 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    I bartended back in the late seventies when Dallas played the Steelers the first time in the Super Bowl.

Up until the team returned to training camp, that Super Bowl game was dissected, debated, and argued over and over on a daily basis by the die hard fans that sat there for happy hour. Day after day they would relive each play, penalty, and event which caused Dallas to lose the game.

And each day, by the time everyone was suitably oiled and lubed with booze, Dallas won that game. Dallas won everyday and the Steelers lost.

I come here and see anchor posts like this, which compare this Dallas team which did not make the play-offs to another team that didn't make the play-offs, and I think back to the good old days when Dallas fans spent their time arguing the finer points of a game played to talk past the loss and make it a win.

Because this thread is ridiculous.

Let me assemble some stats that show why Dallas sucked less than another team, even though both teams did not make the play-offs.

Two things.

1. It appears you must have a calculator and the internet to be a fan of this ilk now. I assure you sitting in front of a keyboard and holding a calculator isn't as much fun, nor productive than holding a cocktail.

2. Dallas fans have accepted the lack of production and success of teams past to such a degree they now do mathematics to assuage how the team stinks, but still is better than someone else.

This is sad and pitiful, frankly.
  10. Idgit

29,820 Messages
    5,531 Likes Received
    It's a great thread. You're reading things into it that aren't there, and coming to a wrong conclusion, as a result.
  11. CowboysBrandon

CowboysBrandon Member

41 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Based on? He's a 1000x the coach Monte Kiffin is at this stage in his career. Forcing this archaic Tampa-2 scheme down our throats that has literally been a failure in absolutely every organization the last five years and has cost a laundry list of head coaches their jobs.

It was a bad move when it happened and it's an even worse move today keeping him around. A historically bad defense is what it is, there is no hiding behind that. No one should keep their job after a failure like that. It's a disservice to the franchise.
  12. TwoDeep3

5,974 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    If one is outlining why one team that failed to make the play-offs is better than another team that also did not make the play-offs, that is simply setting up a lemonade stand at Little Big Horn.

I understand it. I am not reading something into it. It is what it is.
    Little Jr likes this.
  13. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

795 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    This is not opinon but known fact... Players say it all the time. Stay in la la land.
  14. percyhoward

8,187 Messages
    1,914 Likes Received
    dstovall5 likes this.
  15. TwoDeep3

5,974 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    Great, but until this team jettisons Jerry Jones, and returns to a conventional franchise that has a GM and a head coach who use their skills at talent acquisition setting a common goal which could be attainable, and drop the broken culture of the GM being the owner, all the Knute Rockne's and Vince Lombardi's in the world will find it tough sledding getting enough improvement to make this team formidable and a team who is consistent and consistently at the top of the game. Because the common denominator - which does not now, nor never shows in your stats - is a man who is wrecking this franchise by thinking he is the be all end all about football operations.

So forgive me if my opinion to the news of this coach coming is simply put whoop-ti-do.

Pull out your calculator and figure the stat it will take to get Jerry to un-arse the franchise and get a real football man to run it.
    Seven and Alexander like this.
  16. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,050 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    Does this thread mean that Dez will get Megatrons stats?
  17. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

651 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    I think the point which the op forgot was why are we bringing in one of their coaches as if they did much better than us
  18. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Thanks for putting these up. I don't know how to read the last 2. TD to TO and Punt to TO? It looks like your saying the Cowboys scored 70 td's to me but I'm sure that you aren't. I prolly woulda waited till they signed Linehan before I looked because I was scared it would look just like it does. This whole thing sounds like a reporter needed some controversy.
  19. percyhoward

8,187 Messages
    1,914 Likes Received
    I didn't really explain those.

If you look at all the Cowboy's possessions that ended either in a punt or turnover, 80% were punts and 20% were turnovers. If you look at all the Cowboy's possessions that ended either in a touchdown or turnover, 70% were TD and 30% were turnovers.
    OhSnap likes this.
  20. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,733 Messages
    605 Likes Received
    simply not true