1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What this team really needs

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CrazyCowboy, Jan 13, 2013.

1. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,178 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Zoners,

I LOVE watching Tony Romo play football minus the dang int's etc.

However, after watching 49ers, Redskins, Seattle etc. with the run/option success of their QB's, it seems to me the NFL is evolving again folks.

Johnny Football could excite our fan base like none other with his run/option skills.

QUESTION: Do you folks believe he will be successful in the NFL?

Please be serious.......thanks. :star:
  2. JPostSam

JPostSam Well-Known Member

1,011 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    my car has a corvette engine but no brakes. i'm thinking of putting the engine on the curb and trying to fit a new tesla electric motor in it... because brakes are boring.
  3. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,327 Messages
    596 Likes Received
    Already a thread on this.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallascowboys.php?t=251366
  4. CrazyCowboy

32,178 Messages
    155 Likes Received
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,164 Messages
    5,634 Likes Received
    CC, i'm a longhorn but i would LOVE to have johnny football. unfortunately he's not eligible for the draft until 2014 i believe.

johnny football would bring EXCITEMENT back to the fanbase. could you imagine having a native TEXAN as the qb of the Dallas Cowboys?
  6. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,416 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    Johnny football won't be able to come out till next year. Let's see what he does next year.
    Also Dallas will have to ne able to draft him. By the time he comes out the read option will be done just like the wildcat. Defenses will start game planning and watching tape on these guys this summer and find an answer.
  7. CrazyCowboy

32,178 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    I live in Cibolo and watched this kid play Steele High School......we have a great program and Johnny Football killed our D.......he is amazing at the high school level and well, obviously the college level as well.......and it remains to be seen what he will do in the NFL, however, I will not bet against this kid.
  8. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,736 Messages
    1,958 Likes Received

:hammer:
  9. mgcowboy

mgcowboy Well-Known Member

1,215 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    One big need is a Ray Lewis type of a guy...I think Charles Haley had that impact on the team back in the days....So if we can find such player this would be GREAT....

:cool:
  10. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,967 Messages
    5,348 Likes Received
    You also have to compare the Offensive Lines of those teams that you listed, especially A&M, San Fran and Seattle.

The 49ers have 3 first round picks on the OLine.

Both of the A&M OTs will be 1st round draft picks.

Seattle has a 2 first and 2 second round draft picks on their OLine.

The Redskins OLine is based on Shanahan's ZBS that has made stars out of 6th round RBs Terrell Davis and now Alfred Morris.
  11. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,578 Messages
    515 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  12. FolsomCowboy

FolsomCowboy Member

386 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I would be on board with Marcus Mariota from Oregon
  13. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,715 Messages
    238 Likes Received
    Dallas doesn't need a RB at QB..

Just draft some QB' s, or sign one...

Preferrably a strong armed tall corn fed mule..
  14. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    The run option is the new wildcat
  15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,852 Messages
    2,052 Likes Received
    The NFL is evolving, the run/pass QB is apart of that, but that isn't the only way it's evolving.
  16. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

3,852 Messages
    590 Likes Received
    I fear that Jerry's mindset will be to follow the Read Option trend and fear that he will reach on an Option QB this draft or next, because it's the cool thing to do right now.

Basically, I fear Jerry slipping into a 12-year old girl fawning over the next Bieber, New Direction or whatever "it"-boy is cool right now. (we've all seen him do it before, i.e. 4-3 defense to 3-4 defense, back to the 4-3, McNabb wannabe, from winning college coach to good ole boy, player's coach to up-and-coming OC to trusted lieutenant to grizzly veteran taskmaster to another good ole boy player's coach to hot up-and-coming-OC, 1-back hoss to RB by committee to 2-back system to 1-back hoss, etc.)

It's exhausting.

Now, if Manziel proves to be a great pocket passer, then I've got no problem taking him given the opportunity, but if he proves to be a limited pocket passer (after teams have had an offseason to gameplan for him), then I'll puke if Jerry reaches.