1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What were Aikman, Buck and Pereria talking about on the Dez TD?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Nov 11, 2012.

1. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,419 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    That's how I felt, nice to have a call finally bounce our way.
  2. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    IMO....the ball did move, but it just rolled on top of his arm, it hit the ground after the roll and after possession was secured....the replay they showed on the jumbo tron showed it more clearly.....so yes it hit the ground but that was after the movement was complete....

its sad that the NFL has gotten so technical with receptions....in the good ole days if the player caught the ball...the player caught the ball and that was that...none of this 'did the ball move" or "did he have complete control all the way through the catch" crap
  3. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,086 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    I completely agree with you. I thought for sure we were getting the ball on the one. It was not even a question in my mind!
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,790 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    The ball is rolling (the laces literally spin a 1/2 rotation -- from facing toward the top of Dez's head to facing his feet) between his body and the ground when his arm is not between the ball and the ground.
  5. BRoni

BRoni Active Member

484 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    We should be discussing how the Eagles TD was not a TD. The Witten no catch was a good call IMO.
  6. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Wow, we are still talking about a call actually going our way with an inconclusive play? Some people *cought theogt cough* must really hate Dez.
  7. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,125 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Huh? You mean the hail mary pass? Might might want to read the rules and take off your homer glasses as well
  8. theogt

43,790 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    So people just don't feel like lying about something because it went their way.
  9. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    his arm was curled around the ball , thats why it appears that he doesnt have it at that point in your photo, but like i said, at the that point in the pic possession was already determined, the movement was before the ball hit the ground but after it was controlled.......wish we had the same live view of the play that they showed on the jumbo tron......just stating my opinion, dont really expect to change any minds everyone seems pretty dug in on their positions.....either way i dont feel bad....many times as weve been screwed ill take it when we get it
  10. theogt

43,790 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    The ball rolls out of his arm onto the ground.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. lane

lane The Chairman

10,564 Messages
    508 Likes Received

:bow:
  12. Funxva

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Ladies and gentlemen! I stand corrected! It is obvious theogt has returned to us from the future and possesses Total Recall like vision wheras he can see through bodies and detect exactly where the ball is in this still shot. I bow down to you, who has 100% confidence in this picture to know that he has 0 percent control. Hats off to you Sir/Ma'am.
  13. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,086 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    I will never understand how anyone is convicted of a crime in the United States. I mean, here we have a conclusive picture of the ball rolling on the ground and we can't agree that it is incomplete. Bizarre, really, I don't quite understand it
  14. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That was a td. You just don't know the rules he had possession and two feet down.
  15. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,520 Messages
    1,285 Likes Received
    The problem with this is you have to conclusive evidence. You see part of the ball on the ground, but you dont see the entire football. For all anyone knows the other half of the football was cradled in Dez' arm. You cant see in the still and thats why the play stood as called. A ball touching the ground does not make it incomplete
  16. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    That's all it is. They can't give the guy any credit whatsoever. They are hardly worth paying attention to.
  17. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It isn't even about that. It was a hell of a try but clearly wasn't a catch. We got a break. It is maddening some here cant see that.
  18. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    It is that. In addition, if people knew the rule they would know they have to have conclusive proof to overturn it. But seems like some here think their little still picks shows them more than the NFL's technology does to them.

That is what's maddening.
  19. cheftjpeck

cheftjpeck Active Member

212 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Catch ... No catch.... Who really cares... Game over cowboys won
    Move on... :rolleyes:
  20. Funxva

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    If it was called the other way on the field, then you have an argument. It is not as if they called it incomplete and it was overturned. Hence, "inconclusive".

Enjoy it Fans!