1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What were Aikman, Buck and Pereria talking about on the Dez TD?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Worst kind of fans are fans like you, delusional fans who can't be rational.
  2. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,930 Messages
    1,050 Likes Received
    The pass was incomplete and we caught a break. Next question.
  3. Howardlittleton64

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nuff said
  4. thechosen1n2

thechosen1n2 Active Member

1,616 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Inconclusive at best. The first call would have stood. I personally saw it move, but it looked as if it stayed on his arm.
  5. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,267 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    Hmm, I don't know. For fun?

I think it is a reflection of where we are as a society that people can look at the same evidence and come to two mutually exclusive conclusions, yet insist they are right and the other side is crazy. Sometimes its OK to have doubt about something. It doesn't make you less of a man.
  6. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    You make a good statement. However, what I am saying is that I think it was an inconclusive play by the rules. To say anything else, either way, is the definition of foolish.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,410 Messages
    8,306 Likes Received
    They've changed the rule on this. You have to control the ball through the entire catch. Dez didn't. Once it rolled and made contact on the turf, it was incomplete.
  8. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,081 Messages
    732 Likes Received
    Well said my friend.

It was called a TD on the field, and there wasn't enough evidence to overturn. Well done Dez and company. Go Cowboys!
  9. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,081 Messages
    732 Likes Received
    No, it wasn't incomplete, didn't you watch the game? It was a TD...

They called it a TD on the field and there wasn't enough evidence to overturn. Bottom line.
  10. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I don't see how anyone can say that it did not roll off his arm and onto the ground before he gathered it back up.

You see it on his arm and you see the threads...

You see it off his arm and on the ground and no threads.

It is on the ground, nothing between the ball and the green....

What is not conclusive about that? as soon as it is rolling and hits the ground it is, by rule, incomplete!
  11. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,931 Messages
    991 Likes Received
    Bingo.
  12. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I see the front half of the football hit the ground after he cleanly catches it and controls it while going to the ground.

I also do not know where his right arm is in relation to the ball during the catch when he goes to the ground.
  13. links18

9,267 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    Here is a follow-up question: If its ruled incomplete and we get the ball on the one yard line, do we punch it in or is it another FG? What kind of play calling do we get from Garrett in that situation? :D
  14. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Well, if you watch the gif you will see his other arm come to gather it back after he lost it with the other one!!!
  15. links18

9,267 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    I agree with you. To be absolutely certain it wasn't a catch is sheer hubris. I am not certain it was a catch, but there was not conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field.
  16. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,594 Messages
    1,402 Likes Received
    But you have people really sitting here trying to argue the opposite :lmao2:
  17. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

964 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I think you are right. The refs didn't rule that he made the catch. I think they made the rule that they can't determine he didn't catch the ball.

The ball did roll but the refs couldn't see his arm or ball seperating from each other. The cameras caught one side of the ball but on the other side, Dez might have possessed part of the ball.

i dont know.
  18. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,369 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallascowboys.php?t=247079

Look at 3rd quarter. 29:40 and 31:14.

When Dez lands the laces are slightly above his forearm. After he rolls the laces are still slightly above his forearm.

So unless the ball did a complete 360 degree roll, it never moved. The replay from the opposite EZ is at 31:10 and it CLEARLY shows that the ball was on his arm the ENTIRE TIME.
  19. Howardlittleton64

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was worried about that. I just knew it would be overturned. We got lucky that we didn't have to find out if the Cowboys would have gotten it in. I would say it was 50/50 we score a td from the 1.
  20. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well that's the whole point. There was no conclusive evidence to overturn it and the haters here want you to think there was. They obviously see more from their couch than the officials with 10,000 camera angles saw. But hey, they have an agenda to keep.