1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What's Next if Bledsoe Plays Bad Again?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DBoys, Sep 12, 2006.

1. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1) Dallas fans lynch Bledsoe Romo forced to start.
    2) Parcells benches Bledsoe for Romo.
    3) Bledsoe is the starter.
    4) Jerry puts his foot down and Romo gets the nod.

What happen to the polls option?
  2. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Benched

2,049 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    3...Bledsoe will get at least 4 games to prove he should remain the starter. It would be foolish to go to Romo sooner than that unless we are looking to draft Quinn with the #1 pick.
  3. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,117 Messages
    1,353 Likes Received
    If he has another 3-5 INT game I can only imagine they would have to put Romo in. Otherwise they should be committed.
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,117 Messages
    1,353 Likes Received
    Elaborate, please. This seems to be a contradiction.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Wouldn't it be nice to give Romo two weeks to practice with the first team?

And wouldn't it be nice if he started against a less-than-stellar opponent?

Like... Game #3? :)
  6. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Benched

2,049 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No contradiction intended. I think Bledsoe could get us to some victories if he remained a 16 game starter, despite an 0-4 start.

If we go to Romo in for game 3, I think we are mailing in this season. I don't see us winning with him yet.
  7. StarAmongStars

StarAmongStars New Member

509 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There's no way we are giving up on Bledsoe unless we start 0-4, get hit hard with injury, and the wheels completely come off.
  8. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,179 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    If there is one thing we know about Parcells its that he doesn't mail in seasons just for development. Ever.

If he signs off on a switch to Romo, there's something he knows that we don't. Be it that Romo is better than we think, or Bledsoe has been stinking it up in practice too, or is feeling some effects from that hit in Minny after all.

I hope Bledsoe plays well on Sunday and this all goes to bed. But if he doesn't, it will be a very interesting bye week....
  9. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,369 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    Drew will be okay the rest of the way. Not saying he won't make mistakes but I see him starting barring injury.
  10. cowboyfan4life_mark

cowboyfan4life_mark 5 outta 8 ain't bad

2,931 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    You forgot one.

We will trade for Farve and he will be the starter.:D
  11. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,319 Messages
    1,250 Likes Received
    Its tough because you wanna stick with the Vet because you hope he goes out on top with his last hurrah....

On the other hand you dont want to wait too long to try and play the young unproven QB because you never know when a team is gonna see something in the young unproven to the point where the whole team just plays better with him under center....
  12. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he'll probably still start but if he struggles as badly as he did against the jaguars then i think they should use the 2 weeks to get Romo ready for the Titans (whose Defense is just horrible).
  13. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    a bye week
  14. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,906 Messages
    1,984 Likes Received
    The number 1 reason Parcells will not bench Bledsoe is Jerry's commitment with high talent players given to Parcells. Jones gave Parcells a heck of a team, and a heck of a receiving core, and Parcells will not let the team think they are rebuilding by playing Romo.

Either way, he needs Bledsoe to play well or he is in trouble, unless Romo becomes Tom Brady, in which he could...Who knows?
  15. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,765 Messages
    1,828 Likes Received
    Unless Bledsoe has to be carried away by a Medical helicoptor he will play the whole season.

He's the Captain of a sinking ship, and Parcells will not let him jump ship...

That is, unless Bledsoe comes to Parcells and say he cannot go...which he won't...even if he has a back brace, leg brace, arm brace, and nose brace...

It's up to Bledsoe to make the call...and he won't.

Does it hurt the team? Yes...

Will Parcells pull the plug on Bledsoe, unless Bledsoe asks him too? No..

The Boyz can be at 3 - 11...and Bledsoe will get the start...
  16. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,580 Messages
    727 Likes Received
    What happens? Every 1st, we punt, hope for a muff and try the field goal. :)
  17. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    What's next?

I vote for gallows, if he plays like that against the Skins. I'll knee-jerk with the best of 'em then.
  18. LD Fan

LD Fan New Member

611 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Can't, our kickers suck too
  19. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    IF (probably a big "IF") Bledsoe plays poorly in the first half I wouldn't be surprised if Romo gets a chance to play in the 2nd half. I also wouldn't be surprised if Bledsoe stayed in despite playing poorly. I think the odds of seeing Romo in that situation are 50/50 at best, and probably more like 30/70 (or course, that can fluctuate depending on just how poorly Bledsoe plays).

As for the next game (game 3), I would expect Bledsoe to start again, but with a very short leash. That is, assuming Romo didn't come in and play exceptionally well in game 2, in which case Romo might even get the start.
  20. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,532 Messages
    1,752 Likes Received
    Straddle the fence, why don't cha?:laugh2: