1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What's the deal on Felix Jone's Injury?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Nov 19, 2012.

1. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,751 Messages
    848 Likes Received
    Like a heavy workload is going to help make him shine? His job is to make the most out of every opportunity he gets. I think a hobbled Felix would be better than Dunbar who's averaging 3.4 a carry thanks to an 11 yard run vs the Ravens a few weeks ago. The last 3 games Dunbar has produced 8 carry's for 26 vs Atlanta.

He had 6 carry's for 20 vs Philly and 5 carry's for 10 yards vs Cleveland. A bad run blocking OL with a scrub RB behind it is a recipe for ending up in 3rd and long all day. I know you hate even a healthy Felix but he at least can lower his head and pick up a yard or two.
  2. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,364 Messages
    289 Likes Received
    the Asthma field incident gets more mileage everyday. it was a rookie free agent punter the one involved back then. Massimo Manca was his name. yes he proved a point. he also managed to win only one game that year in trying to install his culture that eventually won 3 sb's. he had to get rid of Everson Walls, Steve DeOssie, Eugene Lockhart and a bunch of others before he could get hit type of guys in place. I'm not sure sending Felix to the "Asthma Field" today would do anything to win the game on thursday.
  3. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,894 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
    What has Felix averaged this year? 3.6 YPC? so they are .2 apart? Lance has only had 20 carries on the season.. I would like to see more of him and feel better that he isn't hobbled. Truth is, neither RB can do much behind our line. The game isn't going to be won by the running backs. But push come to shove I would rather a healthy RB in there.
  4. LifetimeBoysFan

LifetimeBoysFan Member

148 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This! :laugh2:
  5. KJJ

10,751 Messages
    848 Likes Received
    Their averages are close but Felix has 252 more rushing yards than Dunbar plus he has 209 more receiving yards than Dunbar and has 3 TD's which is 3 more than Dunbar and 2 more than Murray. Has Dunbar earned more than 20 carries this season? Would you really like to see a game plan that involves establishing the run with him?

It's down to crunch time for the Cowboys this season I would rather see a back out there who's actually made some plays for this team this year even if they're not 100%. None of the Cowboys backs have looked very good this season behind this OL. Even Murray had back to back games where he averaged under 3 yards a carry.

Felix is rarely 100% if he can run at all you go with him. He's been criticized all season and is out to prove something. If this team needs a yard or two in a critical situation I like his chances of getting it a lot better than I do a back who didn't even make the 53 man roster to start the season.
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,894 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
    Not sure why you would compare their touchdowns and yardage when Dunbar has all of 20 carries on the whole season compared with Felix's 88. I think it is all a moot point anyway because it looks like it will be Dunbar and Tanner out there on Thursday.

We also have to get creative since our line is full of scrubs and Tony will have a lot of pressure on him. With Jason Garrett play-calling, I don't know how that will be possible though.
  7. KJJ

10,751 Messages
    848 Likes Received
    Dunbar has only 20 carries because the Cowboys are in a pinch at RB. He wouldn't even be on the roster right now if the team wasn't stuck. You think he's out there because they're impressed with him? He probably won't even be around next season unless the Cowboys continue using him as a KO returner. Like you said earlier the game Sunday isn't going to be won by the RB's at least not by any of ours. The game will be won by containing RG3 and by Romo getting the ball down the field and into the endzone.

Just like every game Romo is going to have to be on for the Cowboys to win. The defense still has issues with consistency they showed Sunday you don't want to be leaving the game in their hands especially against a duel threat like RG3. If Garrett has the offense trying to pound the ball with Dunbar and Tanner waiting for RG3 to strike first the Cowboys will be in for a long day. The game plan they had against Cleveland will get them roasted like the turkey they'll be feasting on after the game.