1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What's the latest thinking on where Joe Adams goes?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Chocolate Lab, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    For years I've wanted us to draft a guy like him who may be small but has great quickness and can be a game breaker. He's supposedly doing very well at WR at the Senior Bowl, too. But besides his size, I hadn't realized he had a very minor stroke a couple of years ago while lifting -- that could scare teams off.

I'm mainly thinking of him as a WR, but of course we also need a PR badly.

Side note, remember all the Fourth and Long debates about Holley and Andrew Hawkins, who so many people thought outplayed him? Not sure how many realize that Hawkins had a very productive year with the Bengals after being on the practice squad and whipping their starting corners so often that they promoted him. Thomas is the same kind of undersized but very quick WR. (And of course Thomas should be more talented.)
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,542 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    I'd love him in the 4th round, instant ST upgrade. Looks like his work at the Senior Bowl has moved him up to the 3rd round though. Would not shock me if Jerry pulls another skill player in round 3 like last year. I'm thinking it would either be somebody like Martin from Boise St or a field stretching TE though.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,876 Messages
    827 Likes Received
    I've wanted a guy like this on our team for the longest time.
  4. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He would sure help in the return game immediately. He was recruited out of central Arkansas, and is a high character person. Oklahoma's Ryan Broyles is the other player in a similiar mold that I'd like to see here, although he is coming off the knee injury.
  5. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,243 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    I think 3rd round could be the earliest but his stock should rise after the combine and pro day.
  6. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yeah me too I think 3rd is probably were he goes
  7. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    hey cl, i posted an article about him yesterday, ive been sick last few weeks, just got out of hospital with heart attack, doing better now, and just had to put my blackie my german shepherd to sleep, so been a rough last yr and this yr, but starting to get better, not as easily tired, have to wear a life vest with defibellator for 3 months, but doing better now, so should be posting pretty good starting either later tonight or tomorrow
    cowboys showed interest in him moreso on his punt elite returns but some at slot wr too,

:starspin
  8. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    heres the link cl
    http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228966
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,901 Messages
    8,995 Likes Received
    Good to see you back, Joe. Sorry to hear about your health and dog.
  10. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,542 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Come on Joe, no more slacking, the draft is coming.;) Seriously hope you are feeling better.
  11. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Very sorry about your heart attack (I assume it was relatively mild?) and especially about Blackie. :(

Here's to a better year ahead.
  12. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    thanks guys,

sorta cl and sorta not

have some damage, thats why im wearing life vest with defibellator for 3 months, was some heart damage, one of walls isnt funtioning right, lucky to be alive, God decided I guess he's not ready for me yet, and ive got some more stuff to do. Their thinking that if my heart has another, that the electrical charge would kick the wall back to working right, due to about 30 % damage. Thats the best scenario for me, but they finally got my blood pressure up to 120, was 96 to 71. So, now I can take some heart medicine for my heart, if wall doesnt get to working, i have to put a defibellator underneath my skin, but thats just basic simple stuff.

But like I said, im doing alot better now just have to take it easy for 2-3 weeks, till see doctor again. Suppose to wear the life vest about 3 months. Doing alot better now though, and doing some posting, should have my war room up by this saturday or so, but will be updating it off and on on draft. But wait till you all see my war room, will blow you away. :)
  13. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    CowboyJoe, we'll say some prayers for you. Happy to see you here again! And use that 'love' pillow when coughing, sneezing or getting up.
  14. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,851 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    Sorry to hear all that Joe, get well soon.
  15. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Joe I had me a mild heart attack in which they found I had severely damaged lungs spent about a total of 3 months in the hospital over a span of about year and a half and they stuck me in a forced retirement...and all the time everyone from friends to professionals were telling me to take it easy...well Joe its been about 3 years now for me and the best advise I can give ya is take it easy and take it slow..hell I was so depressed about the whole thing I had to take depression pills but my spirits are back up and though I will never make a recovery per say I am able to be somewhat functional and enjoy life. So like I said don't get down and take it slow....let it come to you...everytime I tried to push I would get a set back and naturally got down on myself it was a bit of a catch 22...beware of that trap. good luck and fortune my friend
  16. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,910 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Hope you feel better pal.

Brace yourself for a crappy pick like Ryan Tanehill just in case :)
  17. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Very sorry to hear this but glad you are doing better. :)
  18. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    Sorry to hear about your health and pet challenges. God Bless brother.
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    I believe Joe Adams will go late 2nd to a team that can use a slot WR and return guy. He is this year's electricity on offense. It wouldn't shock me for him to go late first.

Guys like Mike Wallace who I really liked coming out of Ole Miss and other SEC speed backs have proven you can translate that to the NFL without dominating in college.