1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

What's with all this hope we make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GusTheo, Dec 28, 2012.

1. GusTheo

GusTheo Member

163 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    We're in the playoffs already. If we win Sunday we move on, if we lose we go home. Playoffs are among us boys, let's see what we can do with it.
  2. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,016 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    I agree you have to have the mindset that we have already made the playoffs and this is game 1. go cowboys
  3. Falcon554

Falcon554 Well-Known Member

1,149 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    It is a playoff game, win you go on, lose they start the off season.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,625 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    I don't know about that- kind of brings back the bad memories of what Wade said in 2007. About the bye.
  5. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,520 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    If we were healthier going into this game, it wouldn't be Hope. It would be excitement.
  6. rat2k8

rat2k8 Active Member

655 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    Cowboys have been in the playoffs for the last 5 weeks already.:beatit:
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    Ah, the old Wade Phillips loser mentality where the bye week should count as a playoff win.
  8. Risen Star

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    Beat me to it.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,928 Likes Received
    Cowboys need to have that mindset this is the playoffs every possession counts. You lose and the season is done win and you move on to the next game.
  10. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,814 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    Er ... no.

We lost to NO. Not a playoff game.

The mindset is that our playoffs start now.
  11. GusTheo

GusTheo Member

163 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Who said anything about a bye week? Maybe for other teams te playoffs are next week. For the Dallas Cowboys they start at 8:20 tonight. Win and move on, lose and go the **** home.
  12. Risen Star

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    Yeah, we're all well aware of the stakes today.

The playoffs start next week. We need to win to get in.
  13. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,335 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Is that you Wade Phillips?

EDIT:
    Should of known some one would beat me to the punch.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,980 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    We definitely aren't in the playoffs. We lose this game and the entire season was for naught.

It was good of the team to rally and be in this position after what looked to be an absolute waste of yet another year punctuated by all the typical Cowboy blunders and goofs, but now they actually get to make a statement and get into the big dance.
  15. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Well-Known Member

2,092 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I don't see the connection others appear to see between the OP's statement and Wade's statement about the bye.

Nor do I think it's particularly helpful to point out that the playoffs officially start next week and that the Cowboys must win to be in. I think we can take for granted that everyone knows that. The OP's point still stands: for all intents and purposes, the Cowboys should be treating this as a playoff game. It's win and go on, lose and go home. Consequently, this will feel like a playoff game. It will have that kind of intensity. Might as well be a playoff game, given what's at stake. And just so there's no confusion: yes, we all understand that it will not officially be a playoff game.
  16. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,160 Messages
    1,290 Likes Received
    Aw, such logic. Some posters just have to chime in with the my-perspective-is-better-than-yours shtick. They can't help themselves.
  17. Risen Star

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    He asked what's with all the hope we make the playoffs. Because, in his mind, we're already in it.

In reality, there's hope because we're not in yet. You don't get any gold stars for meaningful December games. Especially in this watered down league.
  18. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Well-Known Member

2,092 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I don't think he was proposing to award any gold stars.

But while we're on the subject, I might. I'm pretty proud of this team. Would love to see them keep this ride going, but with all of the injuries on D, at some point I know it's going to come an end. If that happens tonight instead of next week or two weeks from now, I'll be disappointed, but still proud and grateful that the team gave me an opportunity to witness about 4-5 weeks of meaningful football that I would not have expected to witness, with the holes they have on the O-line and the way the D has been torn apart by injury.

Don't know if I'll be accused of somehow echoing Wade Phillips by saying that. Don't much care either. Just my view of things.
  19. Risen Star

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    If it happens tonight then that would mean the Cowboys didn't make the playoffs. Which is the point of the rebuttal. There's hope to make the playoffs because we haven't made it yet.

I'm not proud of 8-7 under any circumstances. I hold the Cowboys to much higher standards than that.