1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

When you are getting your tail kicked in a thread

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, May 1, 2004.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Just close it down so no one else can respond. That's the left at work. When the going gets tough, cut and run.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,952 Messages
    4,300 Likes Received

If you are talking about the War Update thread...I closed it NOT coach parcells.

I closed it because people were starting to do the personal attack thing.
  3. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good call BrainPaint.

I was surprised to see so many resort to name-calling in response to my posts. Maybe the name-callers will learn to become more civilized in making their replies.

Well, we can hope anyway.

-CP
  4. BrAinPaiNt

60,952 Messages
    4,300 Likes Received

Please do not play games Coach Parcells.

I have seen you on other sites and I know how you operate.

You were asking for a flame thread and you got it...I have noticed you have done so on another one.

Let me be up front and honest with you....If this continues your time here will be short.

This is NOT the nfc rantorium.
  5. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks Paint. I tend to get foul mouthed when our leaders are attacked especially in times of war....
  6. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So do I, especially when they do a terrible job.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

60,952 Messages
    4,300 Likes Received

I really do not mind attacking the leaders....however when the soldiers who lay their lives down get attacked...then I have a big problem.
  8. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't have a problem with it. I see it as the cost of doing nation-state business.
    I don't see what the fuss is all about. If a 'volunteer' is being realistic about the situation, then they would know that not only that there's a chance that their lives could be on the line, but that they could be forced to fight in a war that is politically unpopular.

There are no guarantees in life. If somebody chooses to buy into the war business and the risk didn't pan out, too fk'n bad. It's nothing personal, it's just business.

And all of this nonsense about war heroes is really nothing more than people camoflauging their own guilt for participating in the nation-state business. You can flame me all you want, but when the dust is settled, that's how it really is and nothing you can possibly say in reply is ever going to change that.

IT'S JUST BUSINESS.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

60,952 Messages
    4,300 Likes Received

I am not talking about the politics behind it....I am talking about the soldiers themselves...and please do not think you can tell me what they think or what they do....I KNOW different as I was one.
  10. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,568 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Why do I get the feeling that's what he wants... attention, any way he can get it. Sad, just sad.
  11. BrAinPaiNt

60,952 Messages
    4,300 Likes Received

It is....I predict a short stay.

BTW...How have you been...have not seen you post in awhile.
  12. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Brain, that's what I was refferring to. Personnally you as a mod have to do what is in the best interest of this forum and those decisions you make regarding that is fine with me. I thought CP closed it. I apologize for not realizing that. However, that said, if someone comes in here and starts tearing down my friends, one of whom was just ambushed and injured this past week in Iraq, I am going to nail him to the wall on it. There is no reason under the sun for someone to do that. The truth is that guys like you, NoDakcowboy and many others have and still protect his right to spew his pablum. I will in this thread however reply to one of his last posts in the other thread because it can't go without reply. But, again, I didn't realize you closed it and have no problem with your decision.
  13. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I must admit that when I said that your other post may have been the dumbest post in history, you top it with this garbage.

"Respect them for what? For fighting a war I didn't ask them to fight? Or should I respect the soldiers who tortured Iraqi POWs? No, I don't owe them anything."

If you think that is the prevelent mode of operations in the US Military you are out of your mind. This is exactly the kind of drivel that makes you such an easy target for those of us who are willing to defend the honor of those fighting. You also say that this is a politically unpopular was. Again your wrong. Rassmussen poll from last week showed 65% approval rating fot this action in Iraq and it is going up. WHy? because real Americans know what is at steak. This has dumbfounded the left and obviously you as well, because they have absolutley no agenda other than "Hate Bush". I've said this before and I will again here. This is why it will be a landslide victory for Bush in November. You have no platform of substance. Your best candidat got killed in the primaries and that was Lieberman.
  14. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,568 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Been busy here lately BP... We've been out at sea since April 13 and we'll be home on Friday. Last week, in one 6 day period, we lauched 1,312 aircraft, which is the norm for a 6 week period during last deployment. Not a lot of sleep, but it was rewarding as we got a lot of people, including pilots, qualified.

Our internet connection sucks, (the equivalent of about 750 computers trying to use a 56k modem all at once) so I've been shut for the most part. Hos, god bless that man, kept me informed last weekend by emailing me all the picks during the draft and his take on them. I'm indebted to that man for a while...

This guy though, what a knucklehead. I would dare to say that there is no way he would spew this trash in public, he would probably have his head handed to him on a platter. Better yet, since he seems to be able to sympathize with the Sunnis and Taliban, he seems like he would have enough courage to go fight alongside them... but no, I think he likes where he is right now... hiding behind his keyboard. What a loser. You know what, CP, you're right. You never asked us to go defend your freedoms. You didn't HAVE to. I wonder if you feel the same way about a policeman who dies in the line of duty, since he seems to know what he's getting into when he's hired. Ingrate.
  15. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My best friend happens to be a Marine and he knows exactly how I feel. But with him, it's nothing personal and with me, it's nothing personal. And he would never ever attempt to bully another person into believing what he does. he takes his personal beliefs seriously and he doesn't confuse them with mindless American propoganda.

And no I don't sympathize with the terrorist cause. I would never advocate for anybody to die for an unworthy cause, not for a religion, not for a country, not for another person.

And I certainly don't make excuses for a country that declares war and doesn't have the balls to tell its own people that part of the reason this war is taking place is because of foreign policy mistakes in the past.
  16. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cajun Cowboy: It's pretty amusing how you have no problem with mass generalizations, such as saying that it is 'the Brown people' responsible for the violence in Israel (no mention of the Israeli army's part in the violence) but then take exception to torture generalizations regarding the U.S. military. And what's this about not criticizing a leader during a time of war. Does that then excuse those Germans who never spoke out against Hitler? An elected leader of a democratic country should be open to criticism at any time.
  17. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think the Cajun man recognizes that war is not a one way perspective, but for some reason he feels that certain voices in this country need to be censored. That's ok, that's part of the business of war. You can look back through American history and see that during every major war, there are always a group of people who feel it is necessary to censor the dissenting minority.

I'm just trying to understand things from his perspective.
  18. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    You really misread read me. Here it is in a hopefully not to big nutshell. YOU are the one who brought up "Brown" people by putting them into the equasion. You reffered top the Arabs first. So don't start twisting this into me doing it. The facts are that they are the ones who started this mess and we need to be the ones to finish it. As for your right to voice your opinions I would not censor that,however when you "generalize" the military by saying something as assinine as you did about the military torturing the prisoners, you set yourself up for that. You may not want to acknowledge this butn you do owe respect to our military and I will tell you why. It is an all volunteer army. If we didn't have it you would have a mandatory draft or a mandatory forced service. Imagine if there were no military to protect your freedom. How long do think this country would last? Not long. As for Israel, the land that is being fought over is their land. From over 2000 years ago it is their land. There are no other options for them. They offered Arafat 95% of what they wanted in exchange for peace and they were turned down. The only satifactory result for the Palestinian and Arab world is for the nation of Isreal to cease to exist and for them to be exterminated. Sound familiar? That is why they have a right to defend themselves from the homicide bombers who think that blowing themselves up they get to go to Heaven. Newsflash, that ain't where they are going.

Look, you have the right to burn the flag, speak your mind and spit on the sidewalk. That's your call, but to totally neglect those that maintain that right and freedom shows a deep lack of understanding and inability to have respect for anything of true intrinsic value.
  19. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I take exception to a people who have been kicked out of every native country they belong to then all of a sudden say, this is our land and use terrorism to achieve their goal. I take exception to the military personell who tortured the Iraq prisoners and have stated they should be disiplioned criminally. But if you are trying to equate a decades long battles to an isolated incodent and clain they are the same, that's just plain foolish. I never said not to criticize any leader during war time, but if you are going to do, use some facts rather than a bunch of lies. That is my point. I by the way didn't bring up the "Brown" people, CP did. You need to read a little closer before posting.
  20. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dude, you really need to study up on your history!! If you really want to understand why Iraq is so screwed up, go all the way back to when Britain turned Iraq into a colony. Some would argue that you would need to go back through the history of the Ottoman Empire. Now, I'm not necessarily assigning blame, but there is long, long history of the Western world meddling in that region.

Which brings up another really big problem for the Bush Administration. Colin Powell warned Bush that a preemptive war on Iraq means that we assume ownership of the problems in that region.

Aside from the issue of American arrogance of thinking it is the sherriff of the modern world, my biggest beef with the Bush Administration is that out of all of the countries it chose to fight the war or terrorism, why Iraq? Even several republicans have recently questioned whether Iraq was an iminent threat. There are so many other FAR more dangerous threats to America than Iraq.