1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

When you are getting your tail kicked in a thread

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, May 1, 2004.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Again, get into the 21st century. And that is no answer to my question. You are avoinding th substance of the post.
  2. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would have no problem with the United States being the badass on the block if we weren't so cheesy about it. Ya know, buzzwords like "spreading democracy" and things of that ilk, when what they really mean is opening up a country's economy up to be exploited by mulitinational corporations.
  3. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    So what's the problem with spreading democracy and making a bucjk? It helps the GNP of that country. It has to start somewhere. The thing is that what you guys on the left want to do is provide tons of aid to countries in the form of grants but not bring any real reform. Keep them dependent. But at least your consistant. That's what you want to do here in America as well. At least I'm honest about my views. You coat yours with hyperbalie.(sp)
  4. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Trust me, it's not the "people on the left" who support the IMF, WTO and the World Bank. It is the policy makers and international banks of the G8 who support this system. They use these loans to get third world countries to make concessions that aren't good for the well-being of their economy, like devaluing their currency exchange rate and setting up free trade zones that allow multinational corporations to come in and set up sweatshops with crappy labor and environmental standards.

Of course, the "people on the right" argue "well, no one is forcing them to take the loans" which is BS because the G8 constantly tweeks exchange rates which makes their debt even more costly. They can never catch up and the multinational corporations come in and extract what capital they have and dump it into international markets for profit.

Why do you think all of the protesting that took place [place in Seattle, Toronto and Cancun was all about?
  5. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,075 Messages
    4 Likes Received

Wow, that's asking for something for nothing.
  6. CoachParcells

CoachParcells Benched

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow. Did you think that up all by yourself? Truly impressive.