1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Where Are All The E-Lie Lovers?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Nov 24, 2013.

1. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,794 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    I would rather have had the awesome defense that Eli rode to get those two rings. I would rather have my QB play on a team with a real GM that puts talent around my QB.

What does this have to do with Eli being a legit HOFer? Look at his career TD/INT ratio and try to remotely defend that he is.
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received

Even Shaq can't help but laugh at your complete obsession with this man you continue to refer to as a woman.

Me thinks there's something deeper going on here..
  3. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,711 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    The deeper issue has to do with you and others who constantly defend a rival QB on a Cowboys fan forum. Shaq wouldnt be laughing at your defending Eli obsession but he would be giving you one of these. [IMG]
    5Stars and Boyzmamacita like this.
  4. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    You realize people don't say a word about Eli until you make silly threads about him, right?

No one on this board cares half as much about anything Eli related as you.

If you stopped making stupid threads about him all the time, you would hardly ever see anyone talk about him.. let alone "defend" him.
    Wayne02, Doomsay and Dodger12 like this.
  5. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,385 Messages
    165 Likes Received
  6. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,948 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Want to know why threads like these are stupid? Just scroll down a few threads to the Jeff Heath one.

Eli is having a very poor season, but one season doesn't define a career. As it stands now he has won 2 super bowls and Romo 0, pointing that simple fact out doesn't make one an "Eli lover" or a "Romo hater." But of course everything on here has to be absolute.

And just for the record I think Romo is a more talented QB. But Eli has certainly proven to be more clutch when it matters most. No matter how much you hate him or question his turnovers, his two playoff runs were magnificent. Much like Flacco last season.
    Dodger12 likes this.
  7. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,188 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    It was no surprise (for me anyway) that when Eli's protection and running game went to crap that the quality of his play went to crap as well. People that bag on Romo all the time should take this opportunity to look at the "before and after" Eli.
    Nav22 and 5Stars like this.
  8. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,612 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    Yet, you defend him...

How embarrassing. I will never suck up to a rival, period!
    Carharris2 and WPBCowboysFan like this.
  9. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Defend him from what?
  10. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Quarterbacks aren't as effective when you can't block anyone or run the ball.. noted.
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,851 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    HOF? Maybe but elite? NO WAY , Sorry never seen an elite player in any sport have the up and down seasons that Eli has had. Elite is one who year in and year out produces at a high level of play not 1 season here and 1 season there.
    Carharris2 likes this.
  12. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,837 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    I figured I would add on to this thread rather then start another Eli thread LOL.

Every Monday at 5PM he has a live spot on WFAN for about 15 mins. I am listening to him as I type.
    He was just asked if the Dallas defense did anything that he wasnt expecting and he he said..
    probably more dime personnel than he expected and he was seeing more man coverage than he expected.

Now he was just asked about stalling and kicking FGs and he went through some specific plays. Each of the plays he mentioned he basically said they were expecting the defense to be in a different coverage on each play and the plays just didnt work. Sounds like a good job by Dallas of switching up their defense.
    mahoneybill likes this.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,657 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    The Welker drop was pretty surreal too.
  14. dropdeadfred5

dropdeadfred5 Active Member

145 Messages
    50 Likes Received

More clutch? Wow that helmet play was really clutch.

Bottom line is that th 2007 ring came because of a once in a lifetime crazy play. The D won that ring and all Sheli did was not have turnovers during that run.
  15. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,286 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Question is can our coaches do it again without a bye week to help. Or will we just go back to the same old same old.
  16. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,188 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    I know, right? you'd think that would be obvious but apparently that one gets overlooked by some,,, you seem to miss just about everything else...
    5Stars likes this.
  17. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Do i? lol
  18. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,445 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    Your point is pointless. The fans here you are trying to slander do not love Eli. They respect him and his ability.

And he still has two championships that yesterday's game did not take away.

I wonder what you thought of T.O. and how you cussed him when he stood on the star.

And what was your response when he scored touchdowns for this team.

If the unthinkable happened, and somehow Romo was no longer with this team and Dallas signed Eli - however improbable that might be - Vegas is giving 8-5 that you would be defending him.

I have yet to understand this blind hatred of this player or players of other teams.
    guag likes this.
  19. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,480 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    Which really diminishes the things Romo has accomplished. If you know he is good you shouldn't have to prove it to anyone because they will see it. Anyone and all of us that may think Eli's rings trump Romo's stats have never said Romo is no good, in all honesty its those defending him saying that. We would just rather have Eli's rings, but either way what good does it do to try to get vindication after beating the Giants. Can't you wait until he wins a Super Bowl??? Problem is... he'll probably never do that!!! If he does I will video the Crow I eat.
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,717 Messages
    5,249 Likes Received
    Yeah, I found this thread embarrassing to Cowboys fans more than anything else.