1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Where do you rank Tony Romo out of the 32 starting QBs in the league?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Lazyking, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo is much better than Joe Flacco. Same thing with Vick basically in the sense that Romo's worst season is significantly better than Flacco's best season.
  2. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

886 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Top 7-10 range.

Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger and Eli are better.

But that's still pretty good.
  3. ROMOCOASTER

ROMOCOASTER New Member

2 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brady
    Bree's
    Rodgers
    E.Manning ?
    Romo

:starspin
  4. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lol nice username. Welcome to the board. :starspin
  5. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,352 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    1. Tom Brady
    2. Aaron Rodgers
    3. Eli Manning
    4. Peyton Manning
    5. Drew Brees
    6. Ben Rothlisberger
    7. Phillip Rivers
    8. Matt Ryan
    9. Matthew Stafford
    10. Jay Cutler
    11. Michael Vick
    12. Matt Schaub
    13. Tony Romo
    14. Joe Flacco
    15. Alex Smith
    16. Carson Palmer

Then there are the young guns like Luck, RG3, Newton, Dalton, Tannehill and Ponder who are very talented but still learning the nuances of the NFL.
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    These lists keep getting more and more comical. :laugh2:

Thanks guys I really could use all this entertainment.
  7. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,325 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    What would Alex Smith have to do to get respect? Top 10 QBR last year, top of the heap right now.
  8. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,400 Messages
    420 Likes Received
    Sometimes I need to relax and understand why people put Vick over Romo, or just say it in general. In an argument with a friend, I stated that Romo has 8 turnovers and Vick has 11, I further asked the gentleman why he thinks Vick is better.

His literal and I mean dead serious response "Vick is a football player, Romo is a golfer." I stared at him in amaze.

As for the OP, I think Romo is definitely top 10 QB in the league, but this season in general is making me think twice. My 10 would be based off of career and not necessarily this season:

1.Rodgers
    2.Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Eli
    5. Peyton
    6. Romo
  9. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,052 Messages
    1,395 Likes Received
    Until Romo wins a SB, or goes deep in the playoffs, he's not better than the the other 31 QB's in the league.

It does not matter what other QB's around the league have regarding the team around them...their QB can suck, but they still win...like the 49'ers.

But, Romo should be placed under Alex Smith because that team is helping him out.

On the other hand, Romo sucks because his teammates have not helped him out much...so, Romo is a loser, Smith is better...point blank!

Hell, even the greatest QB on the planet just won his first game this year!

And, the second greatest QB on the planet lost his game.

Romo sucks,,,get over it!
  10. Big Blue Joe

Big Blue Joe Member

130 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Throw the ball down field. If his own coaches don't trust him to take risks, why should he get the respect given to quality QB's?
  11. DABOYZ

DABOYZ Active Member

602 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    This is one of the least biased ones I've seen. Every time we get ready to label Romo as an Elite QB he lays an egg. Then when we yank the elite status away from him he goes out and lights it up.

The problem is that he doesn't consistently light it up, especially late in the season. It is better to keep him at #12/#13 until he actually gets this team into the playoffs. History is not on his side and until that changes he isn't deserving of the Elite QB comparisons.
  12. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Again you keep blatantly ignoring the facts. Romo certainly lit it up at the end of last season. In the last month of the season he had 10 touchdowns and just 1 interception. What more do you want?
  13. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    He is DEF top 10, but top 5 is def stretching it.
  14. DABOYZ

DABOYZ Active Member

602 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    And again you point to Stats. The most important stat is....??Even you should know this one.
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Because the stats prove that your ridiculous comment that he didn't light up at the end of the season is false.
  16. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received

I dont think Rivers is better than Romo, also Matt Ryan is very quickly molding into a real real good QB..
  17. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not really. Why should Eli, Big Ben, or any of the others be ahead of Romo? People point to Super Bowls well it's a team gam folks. Tony's supporting cast is nowhere near as good as some of those guys has been and is especially Eli.
  18. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Eli is better.. it pains me to say it, but he is... Big Ben is better also in my opinion... Romo is about 7-8.. For me that pretty damn good, but I just dont see him top 5 and I LOVE Romo...
  19. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How are they better? Romo's numbers blow theirs out of the water. Like I said earlier they simply have and have had much more consistent and reliable supporting casts. Our Romo on the Giants or Steelers and he has two Super Bowls if not more than that.
  20. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I get what your saying, but I just dont think its fair to hold that against them.. I think they deserve more credit than your giving them...