1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Where does Tony Romo rank all time?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cmoney23, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Tawney88

Tawney88 Well-Known Member

1,130 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    In the Hall of Fame
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,686 Messages
    1,625 Likes Received
    And to be blunt he should not be in. As Burger King put it, he should be in the Hall of the Very Good.
  3. Tawney88

1,130 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    It is what it is. He is in the HOF and that's where stats can get you.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,686 Messages
    1,625 Likes Received
    if you had any cred at all you lost it with Flacco and McFlabb.
    BoysfanfromNY likes this.
  5. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    What really impresses me is that they take the time to visit each of these children with cancer and give them a gift. Eli takes his time with each child. I know it meant the world to a family friend of mine that had a child suffering from cancer. Football really doesn't mean that much in life when comparing it a sad situation such as a child that is losing his life to this terrible disease
  6. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,613 Messages
    1,878 Likes Received
    Eli should be respected for that. The mediots should tell some of these stories instead of all the crap they spew looking for clicks and hits and "creating" narratives that they need to constantly feed.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,344 Messages
    4,488 Likes Received
    The Cowboys wanted one of what they felt was 3 elite DE's in this draft. What this has to do with drafting a backup QB at 16 is beyond me. Also, because you feel the Cowboys won't be serious contender anytime soon doesn't mean the folks at VR agree.
  8. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,018 Messages
    1,332 Likes Received
    Yeah, I assure you they don't agree with me but I can also assure you they are wrong like they have been for many years too. That is the whole point, they think that this team can seriously compete right now so they make decisions to fill holes immediately instead of responsibly sitting pat and taking BPA on the early round players. It is just one philosophy of many that has lead to our team being mediocre and lacking depth.

Also, the point regarding the QB is, since our team isn't going anywhere anyway, then we could have gone QB in the first or second round and prepped for the future. Romo is not the future and with the team the way it is right now, it is going nowhere. Now in time, that can change if we draft responsibly.
  9. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,837 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    Stats could get you in back then when the NFL wasn't nearly as QB driven as it is now. Today you have to stand out from the pack. Romo is just a good Qb in a Qb driven league. He needs to separate himself from the pack and that is winning a SB.
  10. Tawney88

1,130 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    My comment had nothing to do with Romo, he wasn't part of the conversation we were having, but thanks for the input.
  11. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,781 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    Lol fair enough. Last night was a blur. I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy my post. I think my point was that there are some legit gripes about romo. And this fan base has gone through some real heartbreakers and a few complete meltdowns with tony.
    jnday and DFWJC like this.
  12. TrailBlazer

1,781 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    I gave 10 examples. Not 8. Im not goig to go through every bad game he's had. that was just a top ten. and you gotta admit, those games really hurt from a fans POV. Regarding denver: Did he have a chance to win the Denver game at the end? Did he throw a pick that ended the game? If the answers are both yes, then it qualifies for the list. Yeah he played great but the magic went away when he needed it most.
    jnday likes this.
  13. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

814 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    I disagree.

You want to see the epitome of a guy "carrying his team"? Look no further than Donovan McNabb during his time in the early 2000's. Never has a QB had that kind of production and success being void of that much help around him.

Career Numbers: 234 TDs, 117 INTs, 85.6 Passer Rating, and 29 rushing TDs. Not too shabby for a guy who's main targets were James Thrash, Freddie Mitchell, and Todd Pinkston. (Yes I know he had T.O. for a season) 9 playoff wins during his career and probably the best African American QB of all time.

As far as Flacco is concerned, I don't understand why he doesn't get praised for his accomplishments more than he does. Joe Flacco has 9 playoff wins, including 3 trips to the AFC Championship game and 1 Super Bowl ring. His career sample size might not be big enough for some, but there's no denying what he's accomplished since beginning his career.. I see Matt Ryan (the other QB from his draft) always being praised and called elite, while he himself has one playoff win...just like Tony Romo. Flacco doesn't get the respect he deserves (Neither does Romo).
  14. TrailBlazer

1,781 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    When you make it to the NFC championship in back to back years and make it to The superbowl in your first year as a starter. Nobody will be calling you a loser.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  15. TrailBlazer

1,781 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    Dude mcflabb sucked. One of the most inaccurate passers I've ever seen be successful at this level. I credit it to Andy Reid. It didnt matter if jeff garcia was qb, they could still win with him.See Alex smith.
  16. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,892 Messages
    1,894 Likes Received
    I live in ATL. I have to say amongst the gazillion Falcon fans I hear talking & am exposed to I have yet to hear one say that Matt Ryan is an elite QB.
  17. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,890 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    That's what I've been saying Witten will get in but not on the first ballot.
  18. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,837 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    I've always considered Matt Ryan in the same league as Romo. Both are good QB's but neither is Elite.
    ufcrules1 and BoysFan4ever like this.
  19. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,892 Messages
    1,894 Likes Received
    I completely agree. Neither one is elite. That word gets tossed around a lot though.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  20. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,497 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Tomy Romo ranks as the All-Time #1 NFL Choker QB.

If you don't agree...then name someone better at the craft of choking who has graced a starting NFL QB line up for near a Decade in National Footballs' storied history.... probably won't find a choke artist of his caliber at the leading offensive position.

And i luv Romo..as a person, an athlete...a player. Facts suck.
    jnday and Bigdog24 like this.