1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Where we stand today in the NFC

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RXP, Nov 18, 2013.

1. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    Teams clearly better than the Cowboys:

Saints
    49ers
    Seahawks

Teams probably better than the Cowboys:

Panthers
    Giants
    Eagles
    Lions
    Bears

Teams arguably better than the Cowboys:

Cardinals
    Packers (will move up when Rodgers returns)

Teams worse than the Cowboys:

Rams
    Redskins
    Viking
    Bucs
    Falcons

Discuss.
    car351 likes this.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,233 Messages
    1,324 Likes Received
    I think this entire discussion needs to be in context with injuries. We are missing a lot of key guys right now. Eventually, we will be getting some of those guys back.

If we can just tread some water, we can still close strong. That's going to be key for us.
    brymatt94 and OhSnap like this.
  3. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,794 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Nothing to discuss you're spot on! Pretty funny philly and giants got a free pass with gb and we dont lol. Arod will play and take us down.
    munkee likes this.
  4. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    I just don't think getting these guys back is going to move the needle that much. Maybe a bit, but it won't be enough to make a ton of difference. All the players injured on defense have played during the year and contributed to it's terrible showing. I don't see it becoming a good defense anytime soon, even with the guys coming back.
    And with Waters gone for the year, the o-line will continue to struggle. Free is not the same player with Waters gone. That's bad for a running game already struggling and bad for Romo when he's throwing the ball.
  5. Matts4313

Matts4313 Active Member

272 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    How you have the Giants in the second tier is beyond me. They are atrocious.
    Vanilla2 and treykin32 like this.
  6. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    Maybe they were atrocious when they were 0-6, but they are better now at 4-6, like it or not.

And the thread is about where we stand today. And they are clearly playing better football than we are.
    CowboyMcCoy and StarBoyz83 like this.
  7. Matts4313

Matts4313 Active Member

272 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    No they arent. They are clearly playing terrible teams with back up QBs.

Just because they won some games doesnt mean they are playing good football. They still look like stinky dog poo - no matter their record.
    KingLerxst and Idgit like this.
  8. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,006 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    I don't think anyone can say the Giants or Eagles are better than us. The Giants have a nice little win streak going but really, if not for Aaron Rogers being out, they'd be sitting with 3 wins right now. Similarly, the Eagles got the Tolzien bump and haven't really beaten anyone good. We haven't really beaten good teams but we do have several moral victories!
    Idgit likes this.
  9. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,891 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    Right now the Bucs are playing better football than we are. Of course, that could change as early as Sunday.
  10. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Pretty much the most terrible evaluation Ive seen in quite some time.

I get it, you a "realist" lol
    BIGDen, Carharris2 and Vanilla2 like this.
  11. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    If we can string together wins against the Giants and Raiders we may take it down to the last game against the eagles.

That said this team has shown me nothing to suggest they have the desire or even the ability to dig deep and start playing good football. We could just as easily lose out the rest of the way.
    car351 likes this.
  12. CaptainMorgan

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    And winners of four straight. When was the last time our cowboys pulled that off?
  13. Matts4313

Matts4313 Active Member

272 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    When was the last time we played 4 back up QBs in a row? And although I guess you could technically say Pryor isnt a back up, he was intended to be before the season, he posted a ~3 QBR if I remember correctly, and has now been benched for an UDFA.

Sooo.... A little context would be nice.
  14. CaptainMorgan

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Doesn't matter wins are wins. Four in a row in this league is getting it done.
  15. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,233 Messages
    1,324 Likes Received
    Well, they were good enough to beat Philly, Washington and NY, which is all they really need to do again. I guess we'll see what happens.
  16. Matts4313

Matts4313 Active Member

272 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Results oriented thinking for the loss.

The Giants may have won, but it had much more to do with how inept the other teams were. If we had the Jags, Bucs, Texans and Falcons as our next 4 games, and we won, I am 100% positive that the **VAST** majority on here would put qualifiers on it.
    Carharris2, Vanilla2 and Fmart322 like this.
  17. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,816 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    You know I don't want to devalue any other teams because I don't know what my own team is but the Giants? What have they done to make them better than the Cowboys? They have less wins and a win streak against teams under .500?
  18. CaptainMorgan

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Im not arguing that their schedule hasnt been soft but winning teams win those kind of games. Winning teams put together streaks and get In a grove at the right point in the season regardless who the competition is.
  19. Matts4313

Matts4313 Active Member

272 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Losing teams do that too - when they play other terrible teams with back up QBs.

We will see at the end of the season, but I believe Giants will likely finish in the 5-11, 6-10 range. They have looked like a bad team in almost every game this year, even the ones they won.
  20. EndGame

EndGame Active Member

1,232 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd move the Giants and Packers down one slot each. The Pack will move back up when Rodgers returns, which I'm sure will come just in time to play the Cowboys.