1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Which Current QB Reminds you of Aikman/Staubach

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by thescarface1989, Jun 22, 2006.

1. thescarface1989

thescarface1989 New Member

430 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :star: Which Current QB's Remind you of Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach?​
    I mean as in being a leader, throwing motion etc.
    Every time I see Carson Palmer I always see a little bit of Aikman.
    Not sure which qb reminds me of Staubach, maybe Brett Favre.
  2. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agree with the Palmer-Aikman comparison.

Nobody looks like Staubach to me.
  3. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I will go along with Palmer as resembling Aikman.

I would say that Tom Brady reminds me the most of Staubach, not so much from his playing style but from his leadership and ability to pull out big games.

As sick as this may sound, Jake Plummer has a style most similar to Staubach but with nowhere near his talent.
  4. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I haven't seen Staubach live myself other than high light videos, I doubt Plummer has the leadership ability of Staubach either.

I have to say, Palmer/Aikman comparison are kind of valid. They seem to have similar demeanor and walk etc.
  5. Sandman52

Sandman52 Member

598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, that's somewhat complex. Plummer does have Staubach's QB-style (The Snake = Roger the Dodger), especially when he was in college. But then you can say that Brady reminds you of Staubach in his leadership and late game heroics.
    Another "ick" is that McNabb and Culpepper do have some Dodger Roger in them...especially when they heave the long ball.
  6. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree with Palmer looking a lot like Aikman. As for Staubach i wasn't alive yet when he played so i have no idea how he played and who compares to him
  7. BlueWave

BlueWave New Member

1,069 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What? Culpepper?

Anyway, Palmer does remind me a little of Aikman at times.

Delhomme, at times, reminds me of Staubach....but has a long way to go.

I'm glad that no one has said Romo reminds them of Staubach, and Henson reminds them of Aikman.:(

I will say this, at times in NFL Europe, I got a little bit of an Elway feel from Henson here and again, off topic.
  8. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,146 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Carson mimics Troy in pretty much all facets. I hope to see him play more this season.

I'm just young enough not to be able to watch Roger play live. My dad helps out with that. From the stories he's told me, the articles I've read, the footage I've watched...there's no Roger Staubach comparison in the league right now.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,299 Messages
    4,462 Likes Received
    I believe that to be correct.
  10. J-DOG

J-DOG Active Member

2,135 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree with the similarities of Palmer and Aikman.
    Staubach does not really have a player in today's game that reminds me of him. I remember thinking that Elway reminded me of Staubach a great deal in the way he played. The great comebacks and the way Elway would get on a roll with his passes reminded me of Staubach a lot.