1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Which (L) Game derailed Dallas's 2013 season?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dstovall5, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,513 Messages
    4,752 Likes Received
    For those saying Denver, the moral victory meant nothing?
  2. Next Years Champ

Next Years Champ Active Member

489 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    hahahaa..

obviously not.

Jerrah collects those moral victories.

I think we all look for ACTUAL victories.
  3. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

903 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    Detroit. Just like a couple years ago. Absolutely unreal how anyone could lose that game. Still hard to believe. You will never see any team lose with that same end of game scenerio again. Ever.
    Thanks for promting me to rehash it. :D
  4. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,037 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    What we are all sayiing is that with each brick in the wall we called the 2013 season..

..we saw it comiing.

Go figure.
  5. daveferr33

daveferr33 Well-Known Member

367 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    This is a money post.

I thought that last offseason was one of our worst. Before last offseason I always thought that if Jerry could just lay off a little and let Garrett's process take shape we might, just might, have a chance. But Jerry lost his patience with the process and starting consulting with the likes of Larry Lacewell. After that, the season was quite predictable.
  6. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,522 Messages
    783 Likes Received
    That is a stunning stat. All you can do is laugh and shake your head.

But yeah, it's all Romo's fault. Defense has nothing to do with it.
  7. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,522 Messages
    783 Likes Received
    I don't see how those games were eye openers. It was quite obvious to me that these games were going to be losses, quite possibly blowout losses. In no way were these games eye openers. Anybody could easily see those losses coming.

In fact, we play them again next year and I already see 2 losses coming. The Saints will blow us out again. The Bears will beat us, and it could very possibly be another blowout.

The Bears and Saints are already salivating at the thought of playing the Cowboys again next year.
  8. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,522 Messages
    783 Likes Received
    The Saints game isn't getting more posts because by then it was plainly obvious we weren't a good team. I think 80% of this board predicted a blowout loss to the Saints, incluing myself. Only the most delusional predicted a Cowboys victory. We are talking Jerry Jones delusional here. You know , the most extreme cases. The padded cells with no corners delusion extreme.
  9. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,522 Messages
    783 Likes Received
    Yes. Jerry Jones has 7 pseudo-Lombardi trophies based on moral victories in addition to the real Lombardi's
  10. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,640 Messages
    1,564 Likes Received
    This would be perfect with the "Are you not entertained " Gladiator sig someone has.
  11. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,438 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    To me it was the Chiefs game. While watching that game it was clear to me that this team was medicore.

To the team and expecially one player (Carr) it was the Detroit game i guess.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,815 Messages
    7,194 Likes Received
    The opener. When the same Cowboys team showed up to start the season as they did the year before.
    khiladi and ShiningStar like this.
  13. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,556 Messages
    1,548 Likes Received
    Obviously it was the eagles game because it ended the season
  14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,375 Messages
    3,670 Likes Received
    No but I was entertained.
  15. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,066 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    Green Bay. We win that game, and we host the Saints instead of the Eagles.

It was also the one game I can point to that was absolutely handed to us on a platter for the W and we gave it away.
  16. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,656 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    lol, so true. We won the game but it was in our typical "I feel about as bad as you can feel after a win" fashion. Nothing ever easy.
  17. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,737 Messages
    837 Likes Received
    To be honest the Cowboys never really got on track even their opening day win over the Giants wasn't pretty. The week 2 loss to KC set the Cowboys on the same up and down path we've been seeing. That loss showed a lot of us that nothing had changed. I said prior to the 2013 season that teams establish their identity the first few weeks of the season and if the Cowboys get off to anything worse than a 3-1 start it's going to be a repeat of the previous 2 seasons.

The Cowboys have a trend of losing tight winnable games and what we saw in week 2 vs KC was the same Cowboys defense we've been seeing that couldn't make critical 3rd down stops in the 4th quarter. Had the Cowboys found a way to win that game it would have signified some progress and would have been the first 2-0 start under Garrett. That loss set the tone for yet another disappointing season.
    khiladi likes this.
  18. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,656 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    A technicality, but that wasn't true. Philly's dismantling of the Bears the next weekend made the Packers outcome meaningless.
  19. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,737 Messages
    837 Likes Received
    Most are bringing up the Detroit and Green Bay games but you could see those disasters coming after the first two weeks of the season. The Cowboys almost blew a big lead to the Giants on opening day in which they had six turnovers and 2 defense scores. Eli torched the defense resulting in the Cowboys having to hang on in a game they should have won in a blowout.

In week 2 the defense couldn't stop Alex Smith from making plays with his arm and legs. By the time the Cowboys faced off with the Lions and Packers the defense had already established itself as one of the worst defenses in NFL history.
  20. Hardline

Hardline Benched

733 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    All of them.