1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

which team do you believe will drop significantly this year?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Supercowboy1986, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

979 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    I will start:

For me it will be the Houston Texans.

Although they lost a few role players (Barwin is the first that comes to mind) I don't think they lost anyone else significant other then Quinn (who was replaced by Reed) but I think Reed will take over nicely for Quinn. I feel that the Texans will not be as good this year because this is year 3 for Wade, and year 3 for Wade was a disaster here in Dallas, and to add insult to injury the Texans D was beginning to be exposed. Also from I read Kubiak is on a short leesh as well and it doesn't help that he doesn't seemed to be well liked from most texans fans and even mangement to an extent.

Thoughts? Feedback?
  2. punit328

punit328 Active Member

689 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Hopefully the Giants or Redskins :D
  3. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,739 Messages
    249 Likes Received
    Ravens. Ray Lewis gone and so is ellerbee who was a better LB than Ray last year. Ed Reed gone, Kruger gone. Probably their 4 best defensive players gone in one off season. The defense will not be the same.

With Boldin gone Flacco will have to find a new go to guy.
  4. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

895 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    Has to be Ravens
  5. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,851 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    Texans, 49ers (probably not, but something about them I don't trust), Redskins (no draft picks and division underperformed last season), Ravens, Steelers (already did but more), Vikings.
  6. slaga

slaga Member

214 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Really? They have 7 and are only missing their 1st and 8th but they have a second 5th to make up for the lack of an 8th. Not exactly "no draft picks".
  7. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

931 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I think it will be the Falcons. They have a tougher schedule this year, they weren't all that sharp against the conference teams last year, and they will have to outscore opponents this year due to lack of playmakers on defense.
  8. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,775 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    Agreed. They might put up big numbers offensively, but that won't necessarily translate to winning games.

Put me in the crowd that doesn't trust the 9ers as well. The draft could change it, but I think their defense regressed last year, and they aren't that young. Plus, they don't have many big play threats on the offensive side of the ball. I think teams will be much better prepared for the read option this year, and that could give them a lot of problems.
  9. AmericasTeam31

AmericasTeam31 Active Member

1,226 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Kind of easy to pick the only team in the league who can't go anywhere but down.... :D

They've made some good moves on defense this offseason too though, which you can't discount... Replaced Kruger with Dumerville, Reed with Huff (not a suitable replacement though), signed Chris Canty, they'll get Ladarius Webb back this season too, not to mention they still have Suggs and Ngata in the front... Oh, and they have 12 draft picks to play with this weekend... They'll still need help at LB (esp. with the McLain arrest, again) and Safety, but they're still very tough up front in the trenches... I wouldn't count them out, but they can't go any higher than last year, so they're a safe bet to drop off...
  10. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,035 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    Ravens, they lost to many stars...
  11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,775 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    I agree with you...I think the Ravens have had a good offseason. They are pretty strong in the trenches, so I think this year, for the most part, they can focus on getting skill guys. I think they'll come out of the first three rounds with a MLB, S (Reid would be a great fit there I think), and WR. They're set up nicely for a long run as serious contenders, and if they get a couple of hits in the draft, that will only improve.
  12. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,738 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    Without a question the Colts.

They defied just about every statistical correlation to winning in the NFL last year.

Now they get a worse draft position, tougher schedule and a 2nd year QB. Bad news.

Book it.

YR
  13. Tom [Giants fan]

Tom [Giants fan] Member

636 Messages
    21 Likes Received

Everyone is missing their 8th.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,324 Messages
    1,816 Likes Received
    I agree I think the Ravens will struggle this coming season.
  15. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,987 Messages
    3,195 Likes Received
    :laugh1: :laugh1:
  16. laythewood28

laythewood28 Active Member

1,575 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    This. I also see the redskins taking a step back. they have the toughest schedule in our division and weren't that great to begin with.

17. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,851 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    Problem is, their division is so terrible even a harder schedule is easy. They only won one superbowl with Peyton as their QB, despite always having a good record.
  18. slaga

slaga Member

214 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    :gassy1:

You just had to do this to me.

I don't why I just thought there were 8 rounds. In any case, you cannot say the Redskins have "no draft picks", with a straight face any way.
  19. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Don't know how anyone can not say the Ravens.
  20. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,190 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Yeah, the "Skins have no draft picks" mantra is incredibly weak.