1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who are your 2nd round guys?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Muhast, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,404 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    We've all salivated over having Peterson,Prince,Quinn etc.

Who are your key 2nd round guys?
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,800 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    Wilkerson, Watkins, Ijalana, Cannon, Wisnewski
  3. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,605 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I'm hoping one of the OT's are still there, or even Rahim Moore. That would be my pipe dream.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,416 Messages
    1,750 Likes Received
    Wisniewski, Rahim Moore, Cannon.
  5. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,810 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Currently I want either wisnieski or Brandon Harris in the second
  6. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,807 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    I would like to see some OT's still available to man the right side. I wouldn't mind a tradedown to target a OG and pick up another 3rd rounder.

I wouldn't draft any safety before the 3rd if I'm in the war room.
  7. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

19,920 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    Look for OL that fall out of the first.
  8. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I think Wilkerson will be gone so. Cannon, Ijalana, Harris, Aaron Williams as a FS, Christian Ballard, Cameron Heyward, Jarvis Jenkins at the end of the 2nd if we have an extra.

I like Rahim Moore but I don't think Ryan will. Moore is a great tackler and Ryan likes his safeties to be aggressive.

Aaron Williams is the only safety I would take in round 2. Even if we sign Huff I would still get Williams. Williams could play nickel right away and then take over FS once he learns the position and Huff is done. I am not a big fan of Scandrick.

3rd round guys are Cannon if he makes it, Jarvis Jenkins, Kendrick Ellis, Parnell McPhee, Lawerence Guy, Quinten Carter, Will Rackley, Marcus Gilchrist,
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,861 Messages
    1,509 Likes Received
    1st rd kind of dictates my key guys in the 2nd rd.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,658 Messages
    2,676 Likes Received
    This.

If we take OT in the first then I would hope that Harris or a good Safety falls to the 2nd round.

If we take Peterson in the first, I am hoping a good OT falls to the 2nd.

To things as caveats...if some player that is far and away better value falls to the 2nd, they have to be considered even if we took someone in the general area of play in the first.

For example...We take an OT with the first pick but a great OT/OG falls to the second...we have to consider taking that guy.

The other caveat...

Maybe we trade down in the first, take a player, then trade back up into the first to get another player...although that still might fall into the category of 2nd, as in second player taken instead of second round.:cool:
  11. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I'm hoping for Carimi in the first, Dallas trades back several time and get Carimi in the 20s and picks up several picks. Get Harris and Williams in the 2nd and package picks to move into the bottom of the 2nd and gets Cannon.

RT Carimi
    CB Harris
    FS Aaron Williams
    RG Cannon

doubt we go to secondary guys in the 2nd, Dallas will get a DE if they have multiple 2nd round picks. We need a run stuffing DE. But I really like Jarvis Jenkins in the 3rd and Cerdic Thorton in the 4th-5th.

Kendrick Ellis or Ian Williams for NT later in the draft.
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,861 Messages
    1,509 Likes Received
    That is pretty much my mindset. If we go DB early then I hope we can get OL in the 2nd if we get OL in the 1st I hope to address the DB in the 2nd.
  13. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Ryan Mallet :shush:
  14. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,576 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    I want Marcus Cannon.

If not, hoping Heyward's available
  15. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If they slide a little, the Boys might look at NT Phil Taylor from Baylor or CB/FS Aaron Williams from Texas... other players we know they like in that range are OG Danny Watkins from Baylor, OLB Brooks Reed from Arizona and CB Curtis Brown from Texas... a personal favorite in that range of the draft is big ol' Marcus Cannon from TCU, who could play RT or OG in the NFL; he might be a worthy heir apparent for Marc Colombo at RT...

I could live with CB/FS Davon House from New Mexico or C Stefen Wisniewski from Penn State, too...

There's 8 options for ya... :D
  16. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My 2nd round guy is Phil Taylor...
  17. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The problem is, he seems to be rising up most draft boards, and may well find himself drafted in the late first or very early second (say, picks 30-35)...
  18. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

18,986 Messages
    428 Likes Received
  19. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We all want first rounders as our second rounders. And our third and fourth rounders too for that matter.

I'll give the fans on here something though. MOST of us don't expect 1st rounders to fall to the 5th. or maybe some won't expect and hope it'll happen... Nah I'm sure alot of mockers will have Cam Jordan or Prince falling to us in the 5th and 6th rounds.
  20. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,773 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Picking as high as they are in the round, they would love to have a player with a first round grade fall to them (unless perhaps if it's a non-need area like RB). I could see them possibly having 1st round grades on Harris, Heyward, Taylor or Watkins.

Based on recent history, I'm highly skeptical about Dallas having 2nd round grades on OL's, so I don't think they go that direction unless someone with a first round grade falls to them.