1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Who Cowboys might look at with roster spot Spencer on IR....signed CB Chris Greenwood

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 24, 2013.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    The next move from the front office and coaches will most likely be to move Caesar Rayford[IMG] from his defensive tackle spot back to his more natural position of defensive end. Rayford has been getting that work inside but his game is better suited to play on the edge, so that should be a nice fit. Edgar Jones[IMG] has also seen work at end so he will get more work as well. The club could also choose to bring Jason Vega[IMG] up off the practice squad to play end. Vega was signed very late in camp and made a push for a 53 man spot with some nice work against the Houston Texans in a preseason game.
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...ae7?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    McClay and his staff might also choose to try and poach a player off another club’s practice squad. Some options might be Craig Roh with the Panthers, Xavier Proctor with the Lions and John Youboty with the Broncos. If they go this route, those players have to remain on their active roster for at least three weeks. The staff could also look toward a veteran free agent but they have proven that signing younger players and trying to work with them, tends to be a better option. Also don’t discount the possibility of a trade. This club has done a nice job of collecting late round picks that could also be used to move for players.
    With this injury to Anthony Spencer lasting the majority of the summer and now into the fall, this front office and coaching staff were prepared to handle it. This could have gone the other way and they could have been dealing with an injury that happened Sunday and from my experience, that is no fun. There are solid options and place and with the way this scouting department has been operating lately, they will have answers in place sooner rather than later which wasn’t always the case.
  2. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,640 Messages
    1,101 Likes Received
    I could see them fill another position since they have five DEs without Spencer.
  3. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,464 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    Spenc costed Dallas BIG D...neros!!!....butt I like Youboty and I cannot lie.
    tico likes this.
  4. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,709 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    Could sterling Moore be an option?
  5. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,934 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    Think he is too small to play DE.
  6. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,616 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    They don't need a DE. They have 5 currently on the roster.
  7. frickster

frickster Member

41 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I think it will be Sterling Moore. They can use another corner.
  8. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,699 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    Nice. BTW, did you mean to spell "butt" with two t's there, or was that just a slip. Either way, it works.
  9. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,154 Messages
    2,785 Likes Received
    Maybe a Corner/DE hybrid. :D
    Cowboys=SuperBowl likes this.
  10. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,934 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    He might lack size at DE, but I bet he has a great first step.
    Wheeltax likes this.
  11. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,709 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    You're so right. What was I thinking?;)
    I bet he could be the 5th corner though
  12. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,673 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    Hopefully
  13. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,663 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    I see that too.
  14. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,434 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    With the # of weapons the Broncos have at WR/TE I would think Moore would be the choice. I think the teams that can play man coverage and force Manning to hold the ball longer than he wants are the teams that will pose a problem for Denver. Manning is very regimented in his plays and getting the ball off. Where I think you can hurt him is force him to create, get him mobile, he doesn't create well in my opinion. He is very snap, set, throw, speed of the execution oriented. If you force him to break from that and create I think you can force mistakes. Moore would be my pick in the short term to help for that game alone.
  15. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,008 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    a FB? Or does that just not fit the system they're trying to implement? Hillis? Conner?
  16. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,640 Messages
    1,101 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed philosophy wise. I would like to know what happened with Conner. Just a few years ago everyone thought he was the next big thing at that position.
  17. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,638 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Actually Ray Lewis would totally disagree with you, Peyton will pick man coverage apart by finding the right matchup, only way to slow him down is more zone and a pass rush....two things we have shown we can do well recently.

Man sounds good cause it will limit yardage more but Peyton will get his yards, what we need are turnovers from him which will happen when we mix in some zone.
  18. tico

tico Active Member

545 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    OSI smerking saying & you didn't want me! 2yr $8.55 was a bargain, so keep Spence... 2sacks, 2FF, & 1int for a TD... not bad
  19. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,444 Messages
    394 Likes Received
    I'm kinda disappointed they haven't been able to move Wilbur, I cringe every time I see him out there instead of Ware....
  20. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,066 Messages
    5,571 Likes Received
    It's possible they could leave the spot open until Ratliff's return. We're talking three more weeks. If they can get by without Rat until then, I see no reason to make a move now and then make yet another move when Rat's ready to go.