1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who do we draft, round 2?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Gaede, Apr 28, 2011.

1. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

8,464 Messages
    2,768 Likes Received
    this is what i would do
    ellis will be available late 2 so we can trade back, get extra 3 or 4 and still take ellis and then the best OG/C available

dowling will likely be there at our 4th round pick and would take him there
  2. SMCowboy

SMCowboy Active Member

1,407 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Williams could still very well be the pick if they are locked in on Huff. Let Huff play SS, and Williams would be the FS (Sensabaugh isn't signed right now), our they could think that Aaron Williams could play CB....

And supposedly Kendrick Ellis is dropping like a rock and won't even be looked at by anyone in round two and might go undrafted because of character concerns...
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

9,070 Messages
    570 Likes Received
    idk since we tried to trade up for aaron williams yesterday I'll say he is our pick if he is there at 40.

Otherwise try to trade down (not too far) in the 2nd and get a extra 3rd.

then have our pick of ras-i dowling, brandon harris, kendrick ellis (i would try to wait til the third round but idk if he would last that long since our 3rd is alittle latter), an offensive guard, idk about rahim moore i just don't like him until the 3rd round especially if michael huff does sign with us.

Brandon harris has short arms just like prince which might make him tumble.
    out of all of them i think i rather trade down alittle get a 3rd and take ras-i dowling if he is healthy he is a beast. Tough, physical big corner that we lack.
  4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Williams will be drafted to play CB. Our CBs were the worst in football. Newman is a goner after this year (if not sooner with his $9 million salary) and there's no guarantees that Mike Jenkins gets out of his funk.
  5. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,546 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    I disagree. He will be a safety. He isn't fast enough to play CB IMO and has issues in press coverage. Safety will be his position.
  6. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

12,105 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Id roll the dice on Bowers even with the knee and scheme questions.

Between all the C/G's and DB's none are really standing out to me. I think they will trade down about a dozen picks and try to get 3 players out of this next group
  7. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    I like this, I would rather get Harris because I think we are getting Huff
  8. kevinhickey

kevinhickey Member

335 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I think Jerry and Company are going DL in round 2; however, this could be a area where Jerry moves down if the QB's are still on board. Kendrick Ellis could be the pick with a trade down. Aaron Williams and Rahim Moore other choices if we go in a different direction.
  9. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's what I want at some point tonight. After what we all witnessed last year, Leonard Davis can't be counted on in 2011.
  10. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    168 Likes Received
    Aaron Williams, Ellis, or Bowers for me.

But everyone will go nuts when we pick.........Ryan Mallett
  11. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,939 Messages
    3,739 Likes Received
    Aaron Williams is very good value in round 2. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see us move up a few spots at the top of the second round and take him.

He can play safety or corner, although I think the team likes him at S. honestly, the guy is just a very solid DB and will be useful in any number of ways in today's NFL.