1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who is the best fit at runningback to replace Felix?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 1Star5Rings, Feb 17, 2013.

1. 8FOR!3

8FOR!3 Well-Known Member

1,361 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Ed Lacy's obviously the guy I'd like us to draft, but that's not going to work out. Kenjon Barner would be a solid option. I think Christine Michael's built better for the NFL and will last longer. The only thing that comes to mind when you think Marcus Lattimore is his injury, but you've also got to consider how good this guy was prior to that injury. I don't think he would've declared this year if he didn't feel like he could go out and play like Marcus Lattimore. Plus, besides fluky injuries like the one he sustained, a RB who's 6'0 232 is built to last. Whoever drafts him will get the steal of the draft. He's 1st round talent, but he is injury-prone.
  2. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,008 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Glen Coffee. How much could it cost to bring a traveling church with him?
  3. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,892 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    i don't think we have the money to be buying a rb. just draft one in the 4th or 5th rounds.
  4. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I agree totally. Why get a scat back who can't carry the load if something happened to Murray?
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,514 Messages
    2,391 Likes Received
    Ivory > Ringer...imo
  6. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,602 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    I was thinking something similar. The way those guys in NE play is really great. They are so amazingly well coached.
  7. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,435 Messages
    2,294 Likes Received
  8. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Taylor in the 4th or Riddick in the 5th would be my choice. Both guys have great hands.
  9. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    On any non-football forum this post would be really awkward.
  10. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,216 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Le'Veon Bell/Michigan State
  11. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

2,001 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    and he is also a RFA isnt he?
  12. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,419 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    He is, but NO may not tender because of the depth they have and it will cost them around $2m. GB and Cincy are said to be interested, so he may get too much money for a backup. Vets like Turner, Bradshaw and Mendenhall may also become available and might take a one year, prove it deal.
  13. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Ivory would make a nice goal-line/3rd-down guy, plus he's a good blocker so maybe we do a lot of splitback or I-formations with Ivory serving in a FB capacity.
  14. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Maurice Jones-Drew would be nice. Make it happen, Jerry.
  15. Omegasupreme

Omegasupreme Member

248 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Is there an injury issue with Ivory? He ran quite a bit in 2010 but then basically reduced his carries by half for the next two years.

I like Ringer too. He is decisive at the LOS and then uses his blockers well downfield. He doesn't dance and accelerates from one cut. SOLD.
  16. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,714 Messages
    9,957 Likes Received
    Even though I wanted to draft Felix and was clearly wrong, I never liked the rationale behind why we picked him. I don't believe you draft a 2nd back to compliment your starter. You just take the best talent you can find because that guy could easily be getting the bulk of the carries at any time. Especially with DeMarco Murray starting.
  17. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,540 Messages
    1,802 Likes Received
    Why? I think he could be a good fit here...or on pretty much any team for that matter. Effort guy, dependable, can catch the ball, good on ST.

Signing him is not the complete answer, b/c I would still draft a guy probably, but I think he could be a nice fit.
  19. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,194 Messages
    2,032 Likes Received
    Taylor is my favorite back in this draft. I think he has 1st round talent. Of course we can't afford to spend a 1st, we need to be looking at the 4th I think. There is a chance he might be there, IDK. If he's gone then Bell out of Michigan State.
  20. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,590 Messages
    1,155 Likes Received
    I completely agree about Taylor too! From the responses only two posters have mentioned him so he must be under the radar but he is a stud.

Unfortunately I think his stock will rise and we have bigger fish to fry.