1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who isn't giving up on the season?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by gimmesix, Nov 26, 2012.

1. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,284 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    This is where I am.

The Giants beat the Skins, and this becomes a three or four team tourney for the final wildcard spot.

If all teams were tied, the Seahawks hold the tiebreaker against the Cowboys, who hold the tiebreaker against the Bucs, who hold the tiebreaker against the Vikings.

While everyone is lamenting the loss of our starting middle linebackers, they shouldn't overlook the Seahawks impending loss of their starting corners to suspension for four games. The Bucs defense is terribad, and the Vikings have Christian Ponder.

There's still a chance. ::cue Jim Carrey::
  2. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,427 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    You're a funny fellow.
  3. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

244 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Sure that is a realistic outlook for next week but in reality the Saints come to Dallas on Christmas Eve and even though they got beat by San Francisco on Sunday they are still a good team. I don't see the Cowboys beating them honestly.
  4. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Not yet.

But if we cant get past Philly, youre on your own buddy.
  5. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Man I was all there. We had the easy schedule and the Giants have a brutal stretch. But we lose to Washington and the Giants destroy the Packers..Things don't look all that good right now.

One more loss and I'm throwing in the towal. You have to be mentally prepared for these type of things.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,503 Messages
    6,058 Likes Received
    the suspensions are not set in stone yet. i wouldn't be surprised if dictator goodell rescinded them once he realizes the suspensions would help us.
  7. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,468 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Yes, obviously a lot of things have to fall into place for Dallas to make it, including the Cowboys doing something they haven't done in a while, go on a long winning streak.

It's not going to be easy or even likely, but when it comes to my team I'll pull for the unlikely until there isn't any chance left. It's isn't glossing over the problems Dallas has (I think we all can see them), but simply being a fan and pulling for my team to overcome all odds.

I appreciate those who appear to feel the same way.
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,503 Messages
    6,058 Likes Received
    philly has quit....vick is out, djax and mccoy's statuses are up in the air, their defense is swiss cheese.

if we lose to them, people need to lose their jobs on monday.
  9. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,625 Messages
    1,040 Likes Received
    I really think if we can get a few people healthy we can make a run. But, even if we had one of those teams that went 5-11 three straight seasons, I would still be looking forward to a victory every week. Why watch a team if you think it is going to lose?

I pitched baseball for 9 years, and thought I was going to win each and every time I took the mound, or when I ran out to center field when I wasn't pitching.

When we do lose, I think OK, we'll get them next time. I really believe it, too. I'm just not rolling over for any other team, ever, whether I'm playing or sitting in the stands or on the couch watching my teams. (I'm also a Lady Vols basketball fan. I have a signed cap and ticket by Pat Summitt framed and mounted on my wall next to Tony Romo and other Cowboys stuff.)
  10. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

244 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Raiders if Al was still alive then I would believe this conspiracy. But the Cowboys are the NFL darlings (media wise) so I don't see this holding up..LOL!!!
  11. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

244 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I thought layoff slips would have been issued after the Browns game. Losing to the Iggles would be too terrible to contemplate.
  12. gimmesix

9,468 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    You can't quit then! What if Dallas wins its final four game to finish 9-7? That still could be good enough to make it.

But I do understand your sentiment. It'll be tough to hold out hope with a loss to Philly.
  13. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,755 Messages
    1,306 Likes Received
    I'm not. At least not yet.
  14. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Someone will have to have a serious meltdown in order for us to get a wild card at 9-7.

We lose to Philly and it's over.
  15. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

244 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    All hope will be lost with a Philly loss. I can't imagine anybody holding out hope if Philly wins next week. The only game I see remaining on the schedule that I just don't see looking good is the Saints game. Might as well put Washington in the mix too.
  16. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can see us wining 4 out of the next 5 but that's just the homer in me. Realistically we will lose at least 3 more games.
  17. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Do you think that we're playing well enough, with enough discipline and talent to over come 4 major injuries, get to .500, put together a WINNING record against teams that are already hot and much better coached than us?
  18. gimmesix

9,468 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    All but one of the wild-card contenders has at least five losses. Anything's possible, even if it's rather unlikely.
  19. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,625 Messages
    1,040 Likes Received
    Those two games may well be shoot-outs, and we can win them both. We just need to put up some points in the first half.

Attention RHG: Figure out a way Jason, we can't wait until half-time to put together a game plan.
  20. gimmesix

9,468 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Do I think that? No.

That's not the point of this thread. It's not about what I think. It's about the irrational hope a fanatic has for his team to achieve the seemingly unachievable.

Some people understand that and have it. Others don't qualify as fanatics.