1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who isn't giving up on the season?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by gimmesix, Nov 26, 2012.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Don't get your hopes up. I don't think an effort will be made by either side, so you won't get the chance to refuse.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    I don't care. I really don't. There's no hope involved at all.
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,507 Messages
    6,255 Likes Received
    This thread really doesn't need to be about who's going to kiss-and-makeup with Hos and who's not to after the season. I really don't see how that topic of discussion would end well. Does anybody?

Let's just stick to sorting out which of our fans are better for not giving up yet and which are smarter for throwing in the towel the soonest.
  5. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I agree.
  6. Sifillest

Sifillest Member

474 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I don't think this team has enough healthy bodies or discipline to make a super bowl run...but i definitely feel like the playoffs are within reach. If we can win our games everything else will fall into place.
  7. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,982 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    You know.. as the titanic was sinking there were some who were playing violins. The Cowboys season is over and nothing is going to change that. Time to start thinking about the draft.
  8. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I'll get into it later. But we have the personnel in my opinion to be good enough to win. It can improve, especially on the Oline. But RB, TE, WR and defense you can argue we're as good, talent-wise, as anyone.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,507 Messages
    6,255 Likes Received
    I had just started to bum that the defensive injuries made us too weak to realistically compete even for the wildcard. Then I rewatched the third quarter of Thursday's game (I'd missed part of it during the holiday), and it got me thinking: if the team were just able to play like it has in the second half each of the last two weeks, even with the injuries on defense, we'd be competitive. Get on a little roll and get some swagger, and we'd be competitive enough to give even a good team a run for its money. Even with the injuries.

Now, can that happen? I don't know. I don't really get why we're so slow to get started. But, yeah, we still have the talent to finish the year strong if we can just get out of our own way and do it. Continued play from Harris/Beasley and getting Murray back healthy would help a lot.
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Dallas has some good young players to build on, but some of the older players will be too old by the time the team builds the trenches and fill the holes. Correction, that should read if they build up the trenches. Common sense is to fix the trenches, but how much common sense does Jerry and the gang actually have.
  11. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,808 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    So if you think this team isn't making the playoffs you're not a fanatic?!

Pretty sure we're all fanatics if we're still following this team after 16 years of futility bud.
  12. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,600 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Win, lose or draw I'll watch them all is what I am going to do for these remaining games; which is the same as I've done since week 1. Do I expect a playoff push? Nope, I sure don't. I do keep telling myself that at the end of every drought there is a flood, hard road to follow since it hasn't rained in these parts since 1995.

Craig
  13. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,653 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    do any of you people find it hard to root for a star affiliated with jerruh jones?
  14. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    To calm the passengers, not to pretend the ship wasn't sinking. Horrible analogy. Those men were heroes not fools.
  15. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,184 Messages
    1,966 Likes Received
    And you assume by asking this question you will find the real Dallas Cowboy fans?

The criteria of being a real Dallas Cowboy fan does not encompass blind homerism in the vein of Rev. Jim Jones.

I don't need to drink the kool-aid to be a real Dallas Cowboy fan.
  16. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

723 Messages
    81 Likes Received

This. I may not think this team is going to the playoffs but I've watched worse cowboy teams then this one and after last season, I didn't have much expectation for this season anyway..Bring on the Eagles.
  17. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,262 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    I´m not, until we are officially eliminated there´s always hope.
    That being said, nothing this team has done tells me they are going on a run.
  18. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Nostalgic.
  19. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Some people have trouble with the concept.
  20. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,982 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    That is why we need to blow up the team now. We can start by trading Romo, Miles, Felix, Jenkins, and maybe even Witten. Get a first round pick and maybe some second round picks and focus on the trenches. We have some very solid young players on the team right now. Lee, Carter, Dez, Tyron, Beasley, Carr, Claiborne, Murray, etc. We are heading in the right direction, we just need to some dramatic improvements (several players) in the trenches.