1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who isn't giving up on the season?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by gimmesix, Nov 26, 2012.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I wouldn't have a problem with blowing it up. Jerry had trade offers on the table for Felix and Jenkins this year and turned them down. I hate to think that he would have control of the trades. I think Romo has hit his peak and now he is in decline. There is not enough time to build up before Romo, Witten, Ware and others are gone. The trenches should have been a priority back in 2009. They also let Dalton and Mallet get by when they both offered good value at the position that they were drafted. The team was drafting to find missing pieces to mske a run instead of drafting for the long term. Poor planning.
  2. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ...and the OP getting mad at any differing opinions.
  3. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If all of you naysayers have given up on the season, then why are you all still here posting?
  4. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,064 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    Uh because we're still fans of the team?

Pretty sure if you quit watching and posting during a losing season, that makes you a fairweather fan. Knowing you are in the midst of a losing season and continuing to watch doesn't make you any less of a fan than those who refuse to see the team for what it is
  5. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorry if I struck a nerve; it seems I might have.
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,064 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    Not at all. I just think it's completely ridiculous for fans to be calling other fans out who have equally shared in the misery that is the Dallas Cowboys. The thought of questioning 'who is the real Cowboys fan!?!?!' is ******** considering most of us here withstanded the Campo years and still cheer for this team.

There's no difference between cheering for your team while expecting them to lose or cheering for your team and expecting them to win. We're fans all the same.

This 'I will fight to the end cuz i'm the bestest fan' crap is annoying because it is not only completely foolish but childish. If you've struck a nerve, it's that I'm annoyed that grown-up men could actually act like such kids still.
  7. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,461 Messages
    2,305 Likes Received
    Really? Is your thinking this simplistic?

So if I am not raving about a play-off spot with hopes for a Super Bowl then somehow I shouldn't post at all because of your values?

I think life is much more complicated than you suspect.
  8. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,600 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Well as John Paul Jones said to the British when he was asked to give up, "Give Up? I have not begun to fight."
  9. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,300 Messages
    1,468 Likes Received
    Completely agree with you. Our team is not even remotely in a position to make a playoff run with the the players we have in the trenches and some of the vets. I want it bad as a fan and for our vets, but it just isn't going to happen. We know that but Jerry and Co are in complete denial and so are a lot of fans.

I think it is time to make some drastic changes.
  10. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,113 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I can only cheer for my favorite team--they could not care less whether I give up or not
  11. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,305 Messages
    450 Likes Received
    I don't give up until the first week of the playoffs and we are no in them!
  12. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    Here's an idea. Create your own blog and then you can make your own rules and decide who can contribute to your blog and who can't.
  13. DABOYZ

DABOYZ Active Member

705 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Since when does it matter if WE as fans give up on this team or not? None of us have any say in the outcome of games. I don't let these losses bother me as much as I once did becuase I understand I can't control the underachievers that have become the Dallas Cowboys. Does that make me less of a fan? Maybe it does, but I refuse to fully support a team that can't get out of it's own way on Sunday.

The question should have been do you believe this team/players have given up on the season. My answer to that would be not entirely but they are pretty damn close to waiving the white flag.

A fanatic can express extreme enthusiasm that could be both positive and negative. Believe it or not fans have the right to cheer when things are good and boo when they are bad. If you prefer to cheer for everything good or bad, I have no comment for that.
  14. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I gave up before the season started.

Good call in hindsight.
  15. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,461 Messages
    2,305 Likes Received
    This give up/hang on has nothing to do with the team.

This is merely a contest here about who is and who are not fans, as if any answer about how you view the remainder of this season is important to that question.

This is like tossing out the football knowledge comment on a messageboard.

It isn't really germane, but it makes good copy.
  16. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,462 Messages
    930 Likes Received
    Don't mind differing opinions. I just don't understand the need for them in this thread.

I guess some people just have to crap on everything.
  17. gimmesix

9,462 Messages
    930 Likes Received
    Here's an idea. Just answer the question. It's really not that hard.

Oh, wait. I guess you already have.
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,563 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    Not giving up!

I'm pretty rational though, and realize that just becasue I hope for something, does not at all mean it will occur.
    Our chances are very slim.
  19. gimmesix

9,462 Messages
    930 Likes Received
    I believe the term "fan" has come to mean something different than fanatic. Again, a fanatic is "a person marked by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm for a cause." Another definition mentions "often intense uncritical devotion." Although there are things I would change about my team if I could, I would never boo my team. In fact, I can't fathom doing that.

I'm not trying to say anyone's not a fan, but I don't believe everyone's a fanatic.
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,563 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's how I define it too.

Until they are mathmatically toast, I see no reason to completely close the door. This in spite of what I consider long odds.

That does not change the fact the odds are very long. But not giving up has really zero to do with sunshine pumping--which would be saying they are going to win using reasons unjustified vs just hoping they will win and not giving up until you must.