1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who returns to Haunt the Cowboys?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Phoenix-Talon, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Phoenix-Talon

Phoenix-Talon Eagles Fan Liaison

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ...and, are the Cowboys weaker or stronger in 2006?

I've followed the draft and FA acquisitions closely this year. While the Redskins and Giants didn't really do anything spectacular this year, the Cowboys (like in 2005) didn't do too bad; and even better in the FA acquisitions. However, some key/pivotal players we lost in the mix ...

Larry Allen (G); now with the Rams ...haunting begins:
    Sat 8/26
    SAN FRANCISCO (KTVT CBS11)
    7:00 p.m.

KeShawn Johnson (WR); now a Carolina Panther ...haunting begins:
    Sun 10/29.........
    Carolina (NBC)
    7:15 p.m.

LaRoi Glover (DT); who replaced him -- can he be replaced?
    Not scheduled for a haunting in 2006

Dat Nguyen - Retired - March 3, 2006

Jacob Rogers (OT) cut 3/17/2006

That said, is a good QB (Bledsoe) and a play-maker wide-receiver (Owens), enough for the Dallas Cowboys offensive side of the ball, able to do what it takes to ward off defensive beasts from NFC-East teams ...?
  2. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Larry Allen signed with the Niners

David
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,677 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    We have 2 playmaker WR's, and a playmaker TE as well, plus at least one RB that can cause serious hurt. But you do not mention them- tsk tsk tsk. Dallas has about 2 times as many offensive playmakers as the birds do. By the way, LA is with the 49rs now. So much for your accuracy.
  4. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Larry Allen is now with the 49ers.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,281 Messages
    3,020 Likes Received
    I think Key will be tough to defend. I think the guy is one of the best possesion WR in the game. He will go up, make the tough catch and will take the hit.
  6. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    None of the above. There isn't a name on that list that gives me any concern.

Larry Allen...one of my all time favs...not what he used to be...and I don't see a guard having the impact to haunt.

Key...Great effort guy...yep, he'll hurt us...with a 9 yard reception..and 1 yard run after catch.

Glover....best of the lot. But considering his salary and reduced role, he simply no longer made sense. His cap number, if he stayed, would have been haunting.
  7. Doomsday101

77,281 Messages
    3,020 Likes Received
    Key can hurt in the redzone and working with Steve Smith that looks to be a very good combination for Carolina. Your right Key is not going to out race anyone but he will help to constantly move the chains and is good in the redzone
  8. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who will haunt Dallas?

Ahhh, this is a trick-question. I say it's Jacob Rogers...I'm serious!

I say that because the other players that we lost needed to go due to age or lack-of-fit in the scheme. But whiffing on the Jacob Rogers pick....MAN!...that was huge because had he panned out, that could have added some much needed depth on our OL - something we don't have IMHO. If we have problems at the T position in 2006, not having Rogers here and producing will really sting; this is the achiles heal that can bring down the Cowboys offense in 2006, like it did last year.

AF
  9. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,070 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    PT, Im not too worried about the losses and feel that the additions far outweigh the players that you mentioned.

But on to a different topic, how do you feel about the eagles LB's this year. Trotter is getting up there in age, he still did an excellent job stopping the run behind the DT's, but whats his range like sideline to sideline....i watched some eagles games last year, i think he can get exploited in pass coverage.
  10. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,794 Messages
    1,582 Likes Received
    I'd like to know if your fingers still hurt after your Super Bowl window got slammed shut on 'em?

:lmao:
  11. Charles

Charles Benched

3,409 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Should Al Johnson win the starting gig at center, I am not looking forward to the Glover match-up.
  12. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,247 Messages
    1,578 Likes Received
    exactly what im worried about. i would assume he will be matched up with henry, which i like but idk if he has the talent or not to stop him
  13. Doomsday101

77,281 Messages
    3,020 Likes Received
    I don't think you shut him down just contain him. No doubt Steve Smith will still be the man in Carolina but I think the combo with him and Key will make it tough of defensive units.
  14. Phoenix-Talon

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  15. Phoenix-Talon

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agree ...a definite haunting.
  16. Phoenix-Talon

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Weaker or stronger in 2006?
  17. Phoenix-Talon

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not so sure about that! I can't even locate where in the NFL did Jacob Rogers land.
  18. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,399 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    the consesion stand.
  19. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,794 Messages
    1,582 Likes Received
    In my opinion, the 2006 Cowboys are stronger - much stronger. Just the return of Flozell Adams makes them a much stronger team than the one that struggled to end 2005. To say nothing of all the improvements through free agency and the draft.
  20. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received