1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why all the Gruden love?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hussein, Jan 12, 2013.

1. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,399 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I am not guessing.

Gruden has turned down all interviews. He was hoping for the Carolina job.

And certainly Richardson is not going to pay him at that level. If both jobs were available he would take Carolina...not a guess or speculation.
  2. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,348 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    He has turned down all interviews? Where do you see that? And where do you see that it would take top dollar.

My guess from how he acts on all the Sunday Night Games that we are in --and there have been a lot-- is that he really wants an opportunity to coach here. All the NFCE teams are desirable locations. That's why the Mike Shanahans and Bill Parcells come here.
  3. SkinsandTerps

7,399 Messages
    19 Likes Received

Who did Gruden interview with ? He has been asked by several teams.

He has stated that he was "excited" about the possibility of coaching Carolina.
  4. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,067 Messages
    771 Likes Received
    LOL! Listen to a MNF broadcast and you will hear Gruden talk about being "excited" about everything from corn dogs to doing his taxes.
  5. FuzzyLumpkins

16,348 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    Who knows? I can just as much argue that of all the firings --and there were a lot-- have not been replaced.

All you are doing here is guessing. You have zero inside knowledge. You may be right and you may be wrong but putting it as a declarative is just posturing behind your opinion.

What difference does it make anyway. The only point I am after here is that he is respected and wanted around the NFL.
  6. SkinsandTerps

7,399 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    If that was your point Fuzzy, you should have just stated that.

And if you want to assume that I have no inside info...so be it.

I have no reason to posture.

My point was Gruden wanted the Carolina job and would have taken it if available from what I know (not a guess).

I have no reason to name drop in this situation. But I will say that I know several people in several organizations in both the NFL and NBA.
  7. FuzzyLumpkins

16,348 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    All you are doing is regurgitating existing article information --ie the Carolina stuff-- and making claims without qualifying via a source. It's been reported that he was interested in the Carolina job but they already have a coach. Believe it was CBS.
  8. ryanbabs

ryanbabs Active Member

748 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    So you know him personally? I doubt he would turn down an interview with Dallas if given the opportunity.
  9. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member

1,001 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    Good comments on Jimmy and Cowher.

They can be wrong, and still get paid the $$$$$$$