1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why didn't we look to aquire Moffitt for a nobody dlineman

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by theranchsucks, Aug 20, 2013.

1. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Benched

968 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Broncos acquire John Moffitt, trade Sealver Siliga to Seahawks
    Posted by Michael David Smith on August 20, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
    [IMG] AP
    For the second day in a row, the Seahawks have traded guard John Moffitt.
    On Monday, the Seahawks shipped Moffitt to Cleveland in a trade for defensive lineman Brian Sanford. But that trade was voided because the Browns had some concerns about Moffitt’s health.
    Shortly after that trade to Cleveland was voided, the Broncos announced that they have acquired Moffitt. Denver shipped defensive tackle Sealver Siliga to Seattle to acquire Moffitt.
    It is not clear whether the Broncos are aware of Moffitt’s health issue and are not as concerned about it as the Browns were, or if it’s still possible that Moffitt could fail the Broncos’ physical, and that this trade could be voided, too.
    A 2011 third-round draft pick, Moffitt started nine games as a rookie and six games last year. Siliga entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2011 and has played in just one regular-season game.
  2. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,963 Messages
    1,065 Likes Received
    He played with Frederick at Wisconsin on the same line in 2009. Would have been interesting to pair them up again.
  3. rpatricc

rpatricc Well-Known Member

873 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    I posted this earlier when Cleveland dealt for him. I think he was worth someone like Lissemore.
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,649 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    So everyone could go great fit for the Cowboys... he's hurt too.
  5. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,795 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    The article probably answers the question in your title...health issues.
  6. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    301 Likes Received
    liss is an acual player. moffit is close to being a bust. there is a reason they cut him lose for nothing. he is a head case and not very effective. he was beat out by an undrafted rookie. he is no better than bernie so what would be the point. i'm all for getting better but just because a guy has a name people have heard of before does'nt make him a better player
  7. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,467 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    we just signed Lissemore to a 5 year extension that is very very cheap. No way we move on from him for a backup guard. Oh yeah, also we have no depth on the Dline.
  8. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,163 Messages
    2,793 Likes Received
    Ah...

Cos Moffit has generally been bad since he's been in the league.
  9. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    No.

Think Jeris Pendleton.
  10. MichaelWinicki

32,163 Messages
    2,793 Likes Received
    This little "dance" between Seattle, Cleveland and Denver should tell you that there are teams in the NFL with worse guard play than Dallas.
  11. Alexander

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    There is a significant difference.

Their issues are due to injuries, real injuries to quality players. Not lingering nagging problems that were evident all offseason and finally recognized. Not situations where suddenly it dawned on the braintrust that maybe they could not play afterall.

Both Denver and Cleveland had above average to very very good lines were it not for key injuries. Dallas does not have the same excuse.

They are in this circumstance due to fortune, not incompetence.
  12. MichaelWinicki

32,163 Messages
    2,793 Likes Received
    At this juncture it doesn't matter much how the respective "trains" got to the station... but the fact is they're there.
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    What a lame response to a valid point.

When you can not criticize your team in any way, you quickly lose credibility. Especially when that team has been so grossly mismanaged over the years.
  14. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,254 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    There is a difference between educated criticism and looking for things to complain about. He failed a physical and CLEVELAND of all places voided the deal. CLEVELAND!

Furthermore, can we please merge these threads. There are already three of them.
  15. MichaelWinicki

32,163 Messages
    2,793 Likes Received
    Give me a break. If you gents want to go down that path again, and quite frankly it doesn't interest me.

The current reality is that Cleveland, Denver and Seattle all have bigger problems at guard than Dallas does.

Maybe it irritates some folks to know that some teams have a worse situation...
  16. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,467 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    It does because many people on this board are so invested in being right. I believe strongly that many people on this board would prefer our OL to stink rather than admit they were wrong about it
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  17. Alexander

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    It absolutely does matter. Well, maybe not if you are into making excuses.
  18. Alexander

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    Cleveland has one of the better offensive lines in the league--when healthy, so they clearly know how to build a line and evaluate the talent on the roster.

I really do not get what your point is.
  19. Alexander

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    They do? I would be happy to debate it, but since facing reality does not appear to "interest" you, I will just leave it alone.
  20. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,623 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    Winnie uses ANY excuse to claim Our O line is just fine-with Romo getting worked and no running game- but our O line is fine
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013