1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why dont we stop pretending with the running game?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by intelmax, Nov 26, 2012.

1. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey guys! new member here but i have been a fan since the Quincy carter days( sadly that means the most success i have ever seen was in 2007..)

I have been lurking around forever and i figure its finally time to use the account i made last year.

I was just thinking about the state of the cowboys earlier and thinking of how we can make the playoffs and i have come to the conclusion that our best hope is to just abandon the running game. I'm not talking about were down by 3 scores lets throw it every down, I'm talking about first drive of the game just give Romo the reigns and hope for the best.

I believe Romo = Bret Farve with less talent, he throws pics but he can also make great plays. And if we let Romo control things then we will probably actually have first half success. Im tired of same old same old from my boys, i remember back in the carter days i would be devastated when we lost. Now i almost expect disappointment, so what do you guys think? Should we just stop pretending with the run game or keep giving felix the ball..

Sorry if this has already been posted.
  2. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Agree. I would use the running game sparingly. spread them ont and then run some draws. Or swing passes and screen passes too... But I would put the ball down the fireld. I prefer going out in a blaze of glory than this crap.

3. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,276 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Our only shot on offense is to forget the run and go no huddle in my opinion. If we cant tire out our opponents running the ball, lets do it by not letting them substitute.
  4. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We gave up the running game years ago
  5. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yea but im tired of watching garret call runs on first down, only things that does for us is 2 and 8
  6. Hardline

Hardline Benched

733 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    You can't abandon the run.Once your offense becomes one dimensional you will be worse than if you balanced the run to pass ratio.
  7. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,432 Messages
    1,336 Likes Received
    Did you watch the Packers last night vs the Giants?

That's what a team with no running game and no OL can look like even with a great elite top 3 QB.

I don't care who your QB is -- if you give up the running game completely you end up play 5 on 7 or 5 on 8 ball out there -- the odds aren't in your favor.
  8. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You have a point Kemp, but what im saying is more 70-30 pass run ratio. Because honestly we are the worst run blocking the in the league, plus felix is better running draws anyway.
  9. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,697 Messages
    1,162 Likes Received

The old run & gun offense....might as well, nothing else [running game] isn't working.
  10. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,788 Messages
    959 Likes Received
    Romo just threw the ball 50 times and 62 times in the last two games, respectively. That tells a lot about the current state of the running game.
  11. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,031 Messages
    673 Likes Received
    :bow:

Best Post in a while.....

Stop pretending with the run
  12. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,927 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    If you want Tony to die, go for it.
  13. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you want Tony to continue to turn the ball over at a high rate, go for it.
  14. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tony is going to turn the ball over regardless, like i said in my original post its in his blood, its his mentality to be a gunslinger. But im fine with 2 picks if he throws 4 tds, i don't hate tony but i dont love him blindly either, i understand the type of QB he is and i accept it. I just don't want us to keep wasting downs running the ball, even when murray comes back hes going to have to create his own yards.
  15. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    This has been the plan for about three years now.

the front office and this staff do not know how to find offensive lineman or build a running game.

So they throw there hands up and hope romo can fix it.

we get to gameday, the other teams have no respect for our running game and we still cant run, then we can not pass protect and the qb is running for his life.

he is such a good player he takes a beating, gets blame that belongs to other players and doesnt question it publically and almost wins games for us we have no buisness being in for said reason at the top.

then after the game, the fans blame him because he is all they see and its the easiest part of the game to understand...where the qb throws the ball.

then the head coach who is in charge deflects any type of questioning after the game leaving it out there that maybe the qb is causing the problems.

its awesome. Bring on more of this.

usually even bad coaches can get a running game going, they are usually stuck with poor passing games because that is the harder of the two to find talent, scheme and manage.

not here.

here its, romo will fix it and if not we will sort of kind of luke warmishly let it be known that maybe he is making mistakes and completely be ignorant to the real problems.

Awesome stuff we have seen over the last 3 seasons.
  16. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,117 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    We would have a running game if our starting rb was born with the correct male anatomy.
  17. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have an Idea ...Why don't we come up with some actual running plays with bettr blocking scemes ,and actually spend some time practicing them...Plus when the running game is working don't abandon it ...maybe the oline could build some confidence and get better
  18. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,663 Messages
    809 Likes Received
    If they do, we could see Romo break Bledsoe's NFL record of 70 attempts in a game. He already appears to be the only person to ever have two 62 attempt games in the same season, and only the legendary Interceptaverde has two 62 attempt games in a career. Needless to say, this is NOT a recipe for winning.
  19. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The faster we score the faster the defense has to get back on the field
  20. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,409 Messages
    2,133 Likes Received

We just passed the ball 62 times (mostly out of shotgun) on Thanksgiving.

Pretty safe to assume we have abandoned the run at this point.