1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why is everybody up in arms?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFaninDC, Nov 25, 2012.

1. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Respectfully, if it were as easy as inserting a RT and a guard or two, we wouldn't have had 10+ years of garbage line play.

We need respectable starters and at least 2 solid backups. We presently have one solid starter who isn't even playing all that well (Ty Smith) and total garbage everywhere else. I agree that the DL isn't great either, which speaks to the point that we're simply not going to be able to remake this team in one offseason.
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,324 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Exactly....be happy and shut up. Your prediction is coming true. Now go apply to be a weather man
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,881 Messages
    2,138 Likes Received
    All true.

I guess many of us are frustrated because there are several games that could have been won with the talent (or lack of talent) that we have if not for mental breakdowns (penalties, wrong routes turned into pic 6s, coaching, etc), or an inch here or there (endzone catch or missed FG). It's still frustrating.

But yes, most same people here tough we would be anywhere from 6-10 at worst to maybe 10-6 at best.
  4. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,479 Messages
    833 Likes Received
    I guess people are upset because their prediction is coming to fruition. Everyone gets mad and wants everyone fired when all they do is pretty much what fans expected them to do.
  5. Luckenbach

Luckenbach Member

91 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd say the problem is that our record is higher than our performance, so the 7-9 probable finish is actually better than we really are... Browns, Eagles, Bucs, Panthers all were games that we really should've lost.

Our team is performing like a 1-10 team. That is a little worse than 7-9... hence the uproar.

Against the Browns I told my wife we were losing to one of the worst teams in the league. She smiled and said what does that make you... She was just joking because of my comment, but it really is that bad. We are about as good as the Browns (OT..). Let that one sink in and get back with me.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,881 Messages
    2,138 Likes Received
    We are what we are.

You could pick several games that we "should have " won just as easily as the other way around. If you actually think we should have (vs could have) lost all those games, you really seem to be looking for the negatives only.

It does show we are mediocre though.
  7. Luckenbach

Luckenbach Member

91 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The could have is due to penalties and poor coaching, perceptually easily fixed by a new Boss. Hence the disdain.
  8. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Agree.
  9. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Insert LT, move Tyron back to RT. Insert through FA/Draft a combo G/C player. Must be good player and not a JAG. FA/DRAFT a DL/DE and a OLB, again no Jag With Jenkins leaving we must get at least one if not two CB'S, one must be a potential immediate starter. That will leave us needing help at S,RB,WR,PR/KR and possible other positions.

Parnell,Livings, Bernadeau, Kowalski,Costa,Free can compete for the remaining two starting interior positions and back-ups
  10. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,825 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    Sounds easy enough. Let's just pick up a capable LT off the street. While we are at it, let's pick up an NFL ready G or C. Let's pick up 5 more defensive players who are ready to come in.

LOL
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,440 Messages
    8,323 Likes Received
    Because there's a difference between expecting it and experiencing it. Even if I expect the Cowboys to get a beatdown that particular Sunday, it still pisses me off when it happens.
  12. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Its not the losses, I diddnt expect much from these guys,

Its HOW they are losing. Its things like 1st down QB sneaks, the mass confusion that exists pre snap on both sides of the ball, the never ending penalties, a 2 minute offense that looks like its never, ever been practiced. Its just a sloppy disorganized mess, and no amount of injury excuses change the fact that these guys arent ready to play on a weekly basis. Its a bush league operation.
  13. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,324 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    You expect it.

You expected to get a million Dollars today, and you did.

Therefore you are happy.

If you expected not to get it, and you didn't, then it's like "Eh whatever, i didn't expect it anyways"

You shouldn't be pissed, you all predicted this, so be happy or non emotional. Don't cry about firing the HC or getting rid of this and that guy :laugh2:

(Not directed, directly at you)
  14. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,885 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    we had parcells and what happened? then we got wade? and what happened? so what do you think is going to happen with the next coach?
  15. CowboysFaninDC

2,885 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    well, maybe how I wrote the response was misunderstood. didn't mean to say insert anyone. but we don't need 6 or 7 OL men. that was the point. we need two good guards and a good RT. that is still hard to do. but better than trying for 6 or 7.

and I agree. we are at least two seasons away.
  16. CowboysFaninDC

2,885 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    why? why should we have lost those games? we won. or are you saying because we didn't dominate offensively, we should have lost those games? and how has chicago won so many games? or should they say, they should have lost to the cowboys? and I can go through every team and come up with the same list that you did. as Jimmy use to say, you have to win in all phases of the game.

and by the way, check out the browns. outside of one game, they ahve been within one score in every game they played. the eagles needed a desparate last drive to win or should the eagles say, we should ahve lost that game, etc.

makes no sense.
  17. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    The Cowboys must address the offensive and defensive lines.