1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Why is everyone so high on Amini Silatolu?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by robert70x7, Apr 22, 2012.

1. robert70x7

robert70x7 Well-Known Member

1,067 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I have seen it said on here that Silatolu could end up being the best guard out of this draft class, but I do not see it. Unless there is something that I am missing between the lines, this guy comes with A LOT of question marks.

I have seen LSC football for the past 6 years and while it is at the highest level amongst D2 conferences, by no means is it even close to what he will face at the NFL level. There is a reason that these players are at the division 2 level. Academics, lacking physical tools, character issues, etc. While this is not the case for all football players who played in the LSC (Danieal Manning, Bernard Scott, Johnny Knox, Dominic Rhodes, Roberto Garza, Al Harris) and even Darrell Green and Harvey Martin from awhile back, I can't imagine him going in the 2nd round.

I know the Cowboys have shown interest, and people on this board have backed him up. I just want to know why.
    • He'll have to change positions
    • Lack of real competition at the D2 level
    • Played in a spread, non-traditional offense
    • Average size for an NFL guard
    I'm not trying to smear his name, because I love seeing players from the LSC do great in the NFL. I just don't understand why he's been ranked ahead of Jeff Allen, Brandon Brooks and Kelechi Osemele.

Unless there is something after seeing him play and I'll be the first to say that I do not understand the intricacies of playing offensive line, but everything between the lines is a red flag for me.
  2. robert70x7

robert70x7 Well-Known Member

1,067 Messages
    25 Likes Received