1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why is the press laying off Manning and his egg-laying?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Redball Express, Feb 3, 2014.

1. foofighters

foofighters Active Member

274 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    You should know the answer to this already. and the , "not fair, not fair" piece does sound like sour grapes.
  2. foofighters

foofighters Active Member

274 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    btw...it's Peyton not payton. It's about as awful as seeing someone spell out "Whitten" or "Irving"...
  3. Doc50

Doc50 Original Fan Zone Supporter

852 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's the sad part if you're a Peyton or Bronco fan.

The premise was that his PM's wisdom, experience, and field-generalship would offset any loss in mobility or arm strength -- it did not.

Again, that answers the question regarding whether defense is likely to win championships.
  4. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,246 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Sure, which part would you like me to repeat or put in my signature? I would love nothing more than to oblige you. Manning is by far my favorite QB in the league right now but he had a horrendous game last night. You expect more out of one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game and out of the top offense in the whole league.
  5. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,764 Messages
    1,783 Likes Received
    Maybe this should be a sticky note......:D
  6. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,543 Messages
    535 Likes Received
    Anyone else see Eli watching the game, and wonder if he was thinking " Boy I was lucky to have a great D to help me".........
  7. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,543 Messages
    535 Likes Received
    Still a great one. Thanks for sharing :):):)
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  8. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    Lopsided scores? Lolol. Did you watch the saints game?
  9. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Well-Known Member

1,029 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    At least you are honest.

Maybe you are not looking at this 20/20. ;)
  10. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,892 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received
    A combination of both the defense being very good and the Broncos as a whole just not showing up... Not just Manning. DT made no impact. The tackles were putrid. Welker couldn't get open against the zone and Julius Thomas lack of route running ability reared it's ugly ahead against the best safety tandem in the league.

But... what? 2 blow out losses? You do realize the Colts were ahead 17-16 going into the 4th against the Saints, right?

Things didn't start going downhill until Indy missed a FG that would've made it 20-16, but instead gave NO the great field position for the TD and 2 pt that put them ahead.
  11. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,900 Messages
    4,465 Likes Received
    Not talking about Manning whom I consider to be in a league with Unitas. I'm talking about your nearly constant if not all posting that has something anti-Romo as its theme. Since most of them are one or two lines at best then I thought you could just put I hate Romo, inflated in your own words of course, in a sig. Then you wouldn't have to go from thread to thread with your mantra. You can have the last word.
  12. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

990 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    Well Manning has done more than Romo way more. Plus he has bling. What has Romo done lately???
  13. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,246 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    I appreciate you giving me the last word, I will do the same for you in the future. #1 Most of my posting is not just anti-Romo,I post about all kinds of stuff, it just seems that way to you since you love him and can't stand for anyone to say anything negative about him. #2. A gazillion people have posted about both Romo and Peyton in here, I am no exception. The OP even started this thread to basically compare the 2 with regards to how the media views them. I was simply saying If Romo was the QB in that game last night I would have roasted him the same way I am roasting Peyton about it. Peyton played horribly last night and is part of the reason his team lost. A loss can very rarely if ever be blamed on just one player, so it wasn't all his fault but he did play very bad and hurt his teams chance of winning. Not sure why me posting that would get you all up in arms and throwing insults. Ok, end of our discussion.
    theSHOW likes this.
  14. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,451 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    No way. The only way this happens is if Seattle wins the first 4.
  15. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

4,053 Messages
    658 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  16. jobberone

38,900 Messages
    4,465 Likes Received
    :)
  17. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

961 Messages
    557 Likes Received
    Interesting how they call Russel Wilson a "game manager", perhaps Mr. Super-Pro Manning should get him some of that "game management".
  18. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,040 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    I don't think any QB playing for Denver could've been successful yesterday against that defense. No one.
    jobberone likes this.
  19. jobberone

38,900 Messages
    4,465 Likes Received
    Wilson made passes when necessary and didn't turn the ball over. I'd call that superb.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  20. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Yeah and the point you're trying to convey is a salient one with no logical basis, just like the sporting media.