1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why no talk of Eric Reid at all?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by tm1119, Feb 7, 2013.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,092 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    I know he struggled a bit at LSU this year, but I see all of the tools of a good NFL safety in him. He's got a big frame, tackles pretty well, and is athletic enough to not get burnt. There is some obvious coaching needed in terms of taking proper angles and play recognition, but I'm not sure you can expect a rookie who will be available in the middle of the 2nd round to be a complete player right away.

Am I the only 1 who wouldn't be upset at all if we took him in the 2nd?
  2. chuch

chuch Member

49 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I have questions about his center field range, hip fluidity, and ball skills.
  3. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Spot on IMO. He also really took a step back with mo and Honey Badger gone.
  4. Cowboy_Ace

Cowboy_Ace Member

138 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I wouldn't hate it if we drafted him. I just like vac, elam, cyprien, nd swearinger better, but I try to trust that whomever we draft is the best :)... Until the season starts lol
  5. Cowboy_Ace

Cowboy_Ace Member

138 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Well maybe he was trying to do too much? Put too much pressure on himself? maybe he'll be a good pro aslong as he plays with in himself not trying to be the savior? Idrk tbh I don't have game film on him from any yr but maybe last yr with tyrann would be better indicator of how he'd play (we have 2 talented corners) so he could just play instead of thinking too much? Or I'm 100% wrong haha oh well it's still fun.
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,486 Likes Received
    Coverage needs to be strong suit for a safety, in his case I'm not sure it is. I think there is a good chance he is there at 47.
  7. Texan_Eph89

Texan_Eph89 Well-Known Member

1,062 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    He has also had the luxury of having great CBs while at LSU.
    Rambo is the S we need.
  8. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,801 Likes Received
    Agreed, but unfortunately, I think he is off our radar.