1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why not Mosley?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Nirvana, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,930 Messages
    1,050 Likes Received

Will LB - Lee, Holloman
    Mike LB - Mosley, Lee
    Sam LB - Carter, Wilber

2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,302 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Hell of a player no doubt but injuries and being from alabama scares. In a trade back sure but at 16 I think it would be to early. I don't think he is a difference maker on defense. Good solid smart player but to much of a risk for me at 16
    egn22 and ceerrece like this.
  3. ceerrece

ceerrece Active Member

275 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    I like him, and i think he will allow to move Lee to a position where he still can make some plays but with less contact.
    Nirvana likes this.
  4. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,930 Messages
    1,050 Likes Received

I like the trade down slightly strategy. Not sure Mosley will fall much further than 16 though.
  5. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,504 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    You can't trade down and expect to land a talent like Mosley.
  6. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,908 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    No Alabama players is a prudent policy
  7. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,023 Messages
    626 Likes Received
    That's a pretty horrible policy to have....they have a lot of busts because they put a ridiculous amount of guys into the NFL every year. Same with LSU. If any other school produced as many NFL players they would have the same problem, its a sheer #'s game. There's quite a few guys on this list I wouldn't have minded drafting....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Alabama_Crimson_Tide_players_in_the_NFL_Draft
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,878 Messages
    2,136 Likes Received
    I like the idea of a trade down if the draft is falling that way at the time....as long as the trade down does not target just one player.
    Unless you drop down one slot that's a dicey game. Always trade down into a targeted tier of players so you have flexibility if things don't go as planned.
    So if you drop from 16 to 23 or so, you need to have several options at 23 still on the board at the time, and those options need to be the right value in the 23 range.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,587 Messages
    1,557 Likes Received
    problem is with any great team it is very hard to figure out who really counts and who is only riding the coat tails. Just how many players from those great USC teams of the middle 2000's have ever really shined in the NFL?