1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Will Anthony Henry play against the Lions?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dallas22, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Dallas22

Dallas22 New Member

418 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I really hope that Henry is going to be healthy enough to play against the Lions. We will need him to play Detroit's WR-Roy Williams... he also will be able to help with stopping the run (K. Jones) as he is a bigger & stronger CB (than A. Glenn - Glenn will play in the nickle/dime D).

Basically, Henry is a VERY important piece of our defense. Along with Henry needing to be in this game, we also NEED to make sure we can get pressure on Detroit's QBs (Harrington or Garcia)... they should make some mistakes if pressured and Henry in the game.

We shall see... what do the rest of you think?

GO COWBOYS!!!

Dallas22
  2. dallasblue05

dallasblue05 New Member

1,286 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, judging by the PC recap, Bill is pretty sure he'll play. (if you havent read the recap you should, good info).......I think he will, he is a tough guy and he wants to win really bad. He knows he's having a career year so far and he wants to be out there ASAP, BP knows the same, and thats why I think he'll play. It may be somewhat limited depending on the pgogress of his rehab, but then again if Bill thinks you'll be better off waiting a week, he'll make sure you do. But as I said, I think he'll play.

On the other hand, I dont think we need him as badly as many people make out. Reeves did well against some pretty good Eagle WRs.....he also made 2 very crucial plays on the ball that enabled us to fend off the eagles in the closing seconds, sure he was beaten somewhat on those plays, but he found a way to recover and make the play, and thats whats most important.
  3. FLCowboyFan

FLCowboyFan Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.

2,270 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    I was surprised he didn't play last week based on the info we had heard earlier in the week. I hope this time he really will be ready. I personally think alot of our defensive issues last week was because we were protecting the CB and not letting RW play up near the line as much as normal.
  4. dallasblue05

dallasblue05 New Member

1,286 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That may be true, but even so, we were able to win, and though it wasnt pretty, at all, it makes me feel better that we dont have to play perfect to beat a really good team. In fact, it was our worst game of the year, and we won it. I feel pretty good about that!!
  5. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i believe they announced today that he will start sunday.
  6. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

1,986 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I don't want him to come back too soon after a groin tear. He needs to heal completely. I say after Thanksgiving. If Dallas can manage 2 out of the next 3, we'll be in really good shape with a completely healed Henry.
  7. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,764 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    i think we will have henry tommorow, if i had to choose, id use him against the lions over the broncos. An NFC win is more important than an AFC win
  8. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Newman could defend Roy pretty well.
  9. Dallas22

Dallas22 New Member

418 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree that I think that Newman COULD defend Roy well, BUT I am sure that Henry would do better. It's not only that Newman can play Roy well, but more importantly, this let's A.Glenn play in the nickle, instead of moving Newman over to Nickle back and then putting in Reeves. it disrupts our entire defense, so I think that we NEED him for this and every game from here on out.

I DON'T want Henry coming back TOO SOON if he is not completly healthy, but this game, as ALL our games are going to be the rest of the way, is a game that we HAVE to win, so it is improtant that if Henry can play healthy, then he will give us a better chance to win every game.

GO COWBOYS!!!

Dallas22