1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Will Dallas Beat The Skins In DC

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TwoDeep3, Nov 23, 2012.

1. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,756 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys play the second half first, then play the first half second, the Cowboys might have a chance!

:cool:
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,850 Messages
    5,420 Likes Received
    I suppose the Redskins are now some quality team. Unreal.

That's a crap team we lost to yesterday. If you want to win the rematch, don't play bad. That game is as winnable as any you'll find on your schedule any year.
  3. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,511 Messages
    942 Likes Received
    I think it is quite possible though not necessarily realistic, but you never know. :D

How's that for fence straddling? :D

#reality
  4. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,511 Messages
    942 Likes Received
    Probably the saddest truth about yesterday.

#reality
  5. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,043 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    The Cowboys absolutely have a chance to not just win, but destroy the Skins the next time they play. But they must do TWO things:

1) Cowboys must go to the no-huddle earlier in the game. Even with their putrid OL and lack of running game, the offense is explosive when Romo is allowed to play up tempo.

2) Cowboys D must obliterate the QB on the dive option. Each and every time the QB runs the option, the OLB/DE/S (anyone responsible for setting the edge on that side) must punish RG3, and punish him good. Ware (and Spencer on occasion) attacked the dive way too early and gave RG3 the edge. That cannot happen, they must play more disciplined and trust their teammates in the middle to take care of the dive. Ware had so many opportunities to annihilate RG3 but always made the wrong read (went after RB, except that one time he planted him like a stalk of corn). Spencer & Hatcher were more successful because they were much more disciplined.
  6. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    I fully expect this team to have quit on Mr. 1st and 10 QB sneak by that point in the season.

They will be making vacation plans and trying not to get hurt.
  7. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,207 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    If I had to bet on it, I'd say no.
  8. Risen Star

19,850 Messages
    5,420 Likes Received
    It's downright depressing.

I've seen people give the Redskins way too much credit. That's a bad team. They're going to be challenged putting a core of players around Griffin with the lack of picks and their cap issues. I have no problem giving a rival credit. The Giants are the champs. I've feared the Eagles previous years. I do not see anything resembling a future contender in Washington.

So to ask me can we win that game, as if we're over matched, is just a little much for me.
  9. Risen Star

19,850 Messages
    5,420 Likes Received
    Your guess is as good as mine. Not only are the Cowboys completely hit or miss but that's the season finale. There's no telling what the state of mind will be for either team.
  10. boyzjunkie

boyzjunkie Member

217 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Depends on the weather. If it is cold and or real windy, no. Good weather and we can win.
  11. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,373 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    I would favor the skins in the season finale based on how they beat the Cowboys at home yesterday on Thanksgiving and the Cowboys recent history in Dec/Jan do or die games on the road. The win yesterday by Wash will give them a big edge in confidence at home in the season finale.

The Cowboys have a bad history against Wash in Wash in do or die games. They've lost 2 NFC title games in Wash and got pasted in the 07 season finale at Wash in a game the skins needed to win to make the playoffs. Yesterday's game confirmed the Cowboys don't have what it takes to get it done this season. They're a mediocre team and that's not going to change in the next 5 games.
  12. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Well said!! It kills me how they're this team on a roll and pushing for the playoffs. They're coming off of getting manhandled at home by a 1-6 Carolina team, then beat a DEAD Philly team at home and beating us. Of course, we can beat them in DC.
  13. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,540 Messages
    1,171 Likes Received
    I surely was not implying the Redskins are a juggernaut.

Fact is, I think they are kind of mediocre.

However, I think Dallas is worse.
  14. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,924 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    If the game means anything to Shanahan and his players, we will probbaly lose.
  15. 5Stars

25,756 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    I don't think Dallas is any worse than the Skins by watching the second half of the game. I just think the game management or the attitude of the players and coaches at the start of games is what is wrong with this team.

And, I agree with Mike Strahan...this team does not seem to have any "dog" in them.

They play like the rabbit and turtle. The turtle in the first half, then when they finally realize they are getting beat, they try to turn in to the rabbit.
  16. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,048 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    ^ This ^

I think the Redskins still view this as a rivalry. The Cowboys don't.
  17. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,048 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    So wouldn't that make the Cowboys worse? :huh:
  18. Falcon554

Falcon554 Well-Known Member

1,077 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    No way in hell
  19. 5Stars