1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Will we ever have a dominant Oline again?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bleu Star, Nov 22, 2012.

1. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, you just have to invest in it....

if we don't go Oline in the first round then i don't know what to say
  2. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,628 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Yeah, I hope they do pick up a solid player in FA, although I wanted a FA center last year and left disappointed.

I also agree that one will definitely come in the first 3 rounds of the draft, but you won't see a draft of OL like some purpose, that would probably end up like the great CB draft of 2000. Its just foolish to make a run like that on one position group in the draft, your just destined for failure.
  3. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Because this team lays down. We just suck that bad.
  4. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Costa willl never get healthy again

ever played foot ball with a bad back

never happen
  5. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,799 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    Not as long as dink & dunk Romo is around.
  6. Cogan

Cogan Active Member

1,482 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    You've just proven you know nothing about football. The Giants AND Packers had a mediocre line?! What are you smoking? They were both quality lines that protected their passers with excellence. They were FAR superior lines than the Cowboys have right now. How do you think runners run & passer pass? Blocking!

Last time we won Super Bowls, it was because we had one of the most dominant lines in the NFL. I would rather have mediocrity at running back, & a line that blows open huge holes. O-lines can make average backs great. We can't continue to have a line like a sieve, where Romo is running for his life all game long.

Nothing will change until old man Jerrah bites the big one.
  7. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    San Fran
  8. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Yes, true.

And they have invested in their OL as well.
  9. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I'd add NE as well. I think they can pass and run block well. They generally keep Brady upright. And they have a good running game this year, imo.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,435 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    A really good O line can make mediocre RBs look good; can make journeyman QB s look good; can cover up for mediocre WRs.

A really good O line would make this team a true SB contender.

Under another HC
  11. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I got news for you the NFL isn't the same as it was in the 90's. it's changed big time. No longer a running league it's a passing league. Teams hardly even win it anymore. The Giants offensive line wasn't good last season especially in the playoffs. They got Eli killed in the NFC Championship Game, but because of great defense, terrific play by Manning, and a couple of knuckle headed plays by the 49ers they were able to prevail. In 2010 Aaron Rodgers was one of the most hit and sacked quarterbacks in all football yet and still they won the Super Bowl because Rodgers played phenomal in the postseason. Oh and one last time both the Giants and Packers were deadlast in rushing. They won because they got critical stops and terrific performances by their quarterbacks.
  12. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Not if we keep waiting until there is 1 second left on the play clock to snap the ball. If we keep that up, we will never have a good OL.
  13. Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys Active Member

198 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Relax. Jerry has a plan. Subject Romo to a pounding for several seasons, and Tony will be happy to take a pay cut in order to acquire a top notch linemen in FA.
  14. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There is no dominant line in the entire NFL. A line like the 90's Cowboys will never happen again.