1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Woman in Movie "W" Dies at 26

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by irvin88, Oct 25, 2008.

1. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    CNN) -- CNN affiliate KATV in Little Rock, Arkansas, said Saturday evening that its morning anchorwoman, Anne Pressly, died. She was 26 years old.

Anne Pressly, 26, was a popular morning news anchor at KATV in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Pressly was found beaten early Monday at her home. She was hospitalized and sedated.

Pressly's parents released a statement saying they were "with her in her last moments." They also asked for "the privacy we need at this very difficult time," KATV reported.

Police said Pressly was apparently not targeted but was attacked during the course of a burglary. Her purse was missing.

Pressly was beaten around the head, face and neck. She had been unable to communicate with her family or police while sedated in the intensive care unit.

The anchor's death came only a day after a doctor said he was encouraged by her recovery.

Dr. Clifton R. Johnson said Friday that swelling in Pressly's brain had gone down since she was hospitalized and that doctors had slowly been reducing her sedative dosages.

Police have yet to identify a suspect, though detectives have combed the area around Pressly's home in the Heights neighborhood, a mix of bungalows and mansions near the Little Rock Country Club.

News reports have said detectives found evidence that Pressly's credit card was used Monday at a gas station a few miles from her home.
  2. avaj

avaj Guest

Oh this is so sad :( I'll be praying for the family.
  3. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sad news.

I saw this movie today, I wonder which character she played.
  4. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Murdered for her purse.

Very sad.
  5. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought after she was said to be stabilized, she was gonna make it. DAMN, that's sad news.
  6. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ann Coulter spin off.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,858 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received
    And look how many say you don't need to be able to defend yourself in your home.
  8. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,376 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Very good point. No gun control damn it. Leave my guns alone. Leave carry permits alone.
  9. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,845 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Despite the statement in the article that "police said Pressly was apparently not targeted but was attacked during the course of a burglary," it sure sounds like a textbook stalker case to me. Either way, it is an absolutely horrible story. Let's hope the the perpetrator is brought to justice.