1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

woman walks into fountain

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by joseephuss, Jan 20, 2011.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

22,578 Messages
    1,808 Likes Received
    [youtube]OWtDpGM36J8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/now_a...-and-falls-into-fountain;-hires-lawyer-to-sue

Fountain lady: texts, walks and falls into fountain; hires lawyer to sue?

Earlier this week Now@9 showed you video of a woman who fell into a mall fountain because she was texting as she walked.

Now that woman may file a lawsuit. She says she might sue the mall because security guards laughed at her instead of helping. Then somebody posted the video on the Internet.

The woman and her lawyer were on Good Morning America. Read more about her GMA interview here .

Now@9 wanted to know: what do you think of the potential lawsuit? Does she have a point? Or is this just sour grapes?

Watch the Now@9 video above to see what other folks had to say about this. Then post your comments below.
  2. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,708 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    LMAO, I think almost everyone's initial reaction would be to laugh. It's especially what I would have done.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,500 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    The mall should sue her for being an idiot.
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,291 Messages
    1,006 Likes Received
    I hope they ban the moron from the mall.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Winter is Here Staff Member

61,895 Messages
    5,278 Likes Received
    I don't see how she can have a law suit for them laughing at her.

However I am curious about if she can sue for them uploading surveillance video from the mall, with her in it, to the internet.
  6. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,793 Messages
    348 Likes Received

If you are the company that is in charge of mall security those guards who put this on youtube or whatever should be fired. That was my first thought-why are these employees laughing and showing it on the internet?

Her lawsuit is asinine though.
  7. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,348 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Can she prove it was her? They should claim that people walk into the fountain all the time! :p:

Did you watch the video on the ABC site? It's pretty funny, one of the hosts/anchors says "She's probably hard-up for money, I mean, she works at the mall!" :lmao:
  8. BrAinPaiNt

61,895 Messages
    5,278 Likes Received
    Yeah I don't know if she could sue on those grounds or if it would be the person in charge of the mall suing the security guards, or at least punishing them as you say.

I heard a blurb of some interview with her on the radio this morning and she was all boohooing and stuff about them laughing at her. I guess she works at the mall. At the very least she sounds like she learned a lesson about texting while walking as she said she would not do that again. :laugh1:
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A woman walks into a [strike]bar[/strike] fountain ...
  10. BrAinPaiNt

61,895 Messages
    5,278 Likes Received
    If she won her law suit, maybe the judge would order that the amount she wins would be whatever change can be found in the fountain. :D
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

80,232 Messages
    4,873 Likes Received
    I think it is funny but sad in terms of her lawsuit. People need to take a little personal responsibility. She clearly was not paying attention to where she was going. I hope the jury laughs at her and not give her anything
  12. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, they were making fun of her, but her suit will probably fail because it was impossible to identify her in that grainy video. If the world knows it was her who fell, it's because she let the world know it was her by suing.
  13. BrAinPaiNt

61,895 Messages
    5,278 Likes Received
    Well the security guards knew it was her when they were laughing about it.

She is an employee at that mall and was leaving work for the days from what I have gathered.

Now as far as the public knowing...sure that could be the case of nobody knowing her until she said something.
  14. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But it's not like they could have prevented it in time. Any any co-worker would have laughed at that mishap.

That's what I mean. If she experienced "pain and suffering" or "humiliation" in the broader community, it's because she outed herself by filing the suit.
  15. Cowboyslife

Cowboyslife Benched

297 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I could see the sense in suing the mall if she had to struggle to get out of the fountain, but that's not the case, she was in there for like a half a minute and had no trouble extricating herself. She's basically suing because it's all over the web and she's embarrassed as hell.
  16. Sam I Am

31,500 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    It should be on the web to embarrass her. She is an idiot and deserves it. :cool:
  17. Cowboyslife

Cowboyslife Benched

297 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Seriously, it's even worse since she's an employee there. Walk the mall as a regular patron a couple of times and you notice where obstructions such as fountains and kiosks are placed. Hundreds of thousands of mall patrons are able to text on their phone and walk, and not fall into fountains, every day.
  18. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,661 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    The only thing that sucks about this story is that it wasn't a well or something else deep that she plummeted down. She needs to be naturally selected.
  19. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

80,232 Messages
    4,873 Likes Received
    You mean that swimming pool sized fountain? Thank god she was not out in the parking lot as she blindly walked in her own world, she may have been hit by a car.
  20. Sam I Am

31,500 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    lol, I didn't even know she was employed there. Even better!