1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

WooHoo! Johnny Knox ran an unofficial 4.25, remember Chris Johnson who ran 4.25 too?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 12, 2009.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Just listened to johnny know in an interview, he said he ran an unofficial 4.25.
    Johnny Knox (02/27/09)
    his interview is at the bottom of the interviews, very last podcast, we have got to get this player in the draft. Like Hostile likes Duke Robinson and I do too, this is one player i really like.

http://www.ktbb.com/nfldraft/about/
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I just wish the guy was a inch taller and not so slim. Love the raw talent but he makes me nervous.
  3. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
  4. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Put him at Punt return and kickoffs..anyone know if we at least talked to the guy? His speed alone will shoot him up the rounds.
  5. RafaelSeptien

RafaelSeptien New Member

3 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Knox's hands and adjustments to the ball in flight are even better than his straight line speed - our video was shot in winds with gusts up to 30-40 mph, but you cant tell because of his adjustments - very Welker-esque. Danny Amendola did that at the Texas Vs The Nation practices last year, too.
  6. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,651 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    Welcome to the board RS!! Your insight & observations on these players are going to be in high demand. Welker-esque hands AND world class speed certainly have me interested.
  7. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    thats why i like him, he adjusts to the flight of the ball extrememely well
    cowboys had a player like that way back during late 70's and early 80's tony hill

thats why i want this kid, he is hungry too
  8. RESIN8

RESIN8 New Member

950 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well the guy is bigger and faster than Desean Jackson.

I'd love for us to open the roster up for the type of player we were hoping for in Skyler Green.
  9. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    me too, either him or mike thomas,
    but we do need a speed wr that is a dynamite punt returner too
  10. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,651 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    Not sure that Knox fits that description. Have been reading up on him more and some of his negative tendencies include running backwards or sideways when returning punts. He is more natural/physical as a receiver than as a returner.

In either case, it could be correctable and I am going to add him to my board. You have convinced me Joe!
  11. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Bat im not sure about his ability on punt and kickoffs, it maybe like some said that he isnt too good on that, but to a degree that is correctable.

I just think with his adjustments to the football, and his deep speed, he can help the cowboys.

Just like a guy that posted about the video links, he said something along the lines where knox adjusted to the football and caught the ball in 30 to 40 mph winds,etc.

Johnny knox reminds me of a young Tony Hill, only slightly smaller, but does have deep speed. I think at one time, knox ran a 4.25 like i read it was posted.

To me, thats what this team needs a wr with deep speed to stretch the field. I would be happy with knox or mike thomas. Only thing im wary of with thomas, he is real short, even shorter than johnny knox, not sure how he would hold up at wr.
  12. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,651 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    I would take either in the 5th. Knox actually reminds me of Oakland's Johnny Lee Higgins (except Knox has better hands & Higgins played more explosively_even tho Knox has greater timed speed). LOL, I guess he doesn't remind me of Higgins after all. They do have similar body types I guess.

Thomas is short, but he is thick. Kind of reminds me of Kevin Williams.
  13. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    true bat, i just dont know if thomas can hold up to being a full time wr

i think knox has a better shot
  14. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Knox kind of reminds me of Santonio Holmes

same body type, same speed, measurables are pretty much the same, although Holmes' body control is a bit better
  15. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    thats a good analysis of knox comparing him with holmes

another way to look at knox, i dont think he has the red flags that holmes had either

so thats a plus
  16. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    that is true
    another Holmes type player is Kenny McKinley, same wiry build, speed and unbelievable body control
  17. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,651 Messages
    588 Likes Received

LOL. Okay guys, you've convinced already, Knox is on my board.