1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Worst Movies Of All Time

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by JonJon, Jul 12, 2011.

1. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    **SPOILER ALERT***
    If you don't want to read about the plots of the worst movies ever made in the history of making movies, now is your chance to exit.

5. Battlefield Earth - Wait, John Travolta and Forrest Whitaker were the stars. How could this possibly go wrong? Give it a plot and story-line almost as ridiculous as a 9 ft Travolta with dreads and Whitaker with brunette curls that would make Repunzel proud. RI-DIC-U-LOUS!

4. The Happening - Really M Night Shyamalan? Grass and trees causing people to go crazy and kill themselves by the wind in an attempt to restore balance? This is the best that you could come up with for a horror film? This has to be one of the biggest letdowns and worst endings EVER. And to think, it started with such promise; People inexplicably killing themselves, bodies dropping from the sky at construction sites, Mark Wahlberg...smh at what could have been...

3. The Blair Witch Project - I'm still waiting on my money back from this one. I don't know what is worse: The fact that you could barely even see anything throughout the whole stupid movie, the completely horrible angles and shaking of the camera, or the fact that the main evil villain character, the Blair Witch, wasn't even in the movie! Whaaaaaa?!?!? Ok, I'll give the director a pass on the camera. I understand this was supposed to be a movie recorded on a cheap camera to create the "realistic" effect, but come on...at least show us something other than spots of flashlight here and there and a bunch of out of breath screaming...

2. Gigli - The best part of this movie was that you could end it at anytime by getting up and leaving the theater. The bad part about it is knowing that you just wasted $8 and you have to drive home wishing you could get your evening and money back. Fortunately, I didn't actually go to the theater to watch it and could enjoy the benefit of ending it at my own leisure. I don't even know what it was about. I do know that the Bennyfer experiment (Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez) was enough to evoke my gag reflex on numerous occasions. This movie is so bad that I don't know anyone that actually saw it through to the end.

1. Beloved - This movie was very strange, sick and twisted. The plot made no sense whatsoever..a runaway slave being haunted by a ********, pregnant ghost (Thandie Newton). The only bright spot about it was Thandie Newton's full frontal shots, but that is overshadowed by her being a ******** pregnant ghost, not to mention her acting was horrible. This movie was a complete waste of time. Throw in a shot of Danny Glover's hairy naked ***, and the result is WORST MOVIE EVERRRRR! Congrats, Oprah.

Those are my worst movies of all time...what are yours?
  2. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    I respect the Blar Witch
  3. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I lasted 15 minutes into this movie. 5 more minutes of this crap, and I would have blown my brains out. It's astounding that the Coen brothers (whom I love) made this garbage.

[IMG]
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Battlefield: Earth was pretty bad.
  5. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Ill go with the only one I've walked out of a theater on... the last airbender.
  6. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lady in the Water. Completely idiotic way to tell a story. Let one of the characters actually tell you what's going to happen, then let it happen. M. Night's movies past Signs and Sixth Sense have sucked in ways rivaled only by super massive black holes.
  7. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,203 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    Bronco Billy
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Bubba Ho Tep what a POS not even Bruce Campbell could save it.
  9. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Well-Known Member

2,416 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Indeed!

That was a huge pile of crap.

The Village, Lady in the Water, The Happening...see the connection here.
  10. Go Big D!

Go Big D! Destination End Zone

1,758 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just off the top off my head:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,046 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    1. House of the Dead

2. The Happening

3. Spiderman 3

4. Alone in the dark

5. Highlander 2
  12. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    This is a ridiculous thread. There could be a million movies listed here and most wouldn't be wrong.
  13. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    List some or quit your whining you dirty city slicker. :D
  14. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Nightmare on Elm St 2010.

There, now stop nagging like a woman. :laugh2:
  15. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    I like a lot of the B list horror films. Most of them are not that good of course but still watchable with a little imagination.

However there was one that was so bad. It was called Portal http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0929241/

So So bad. :laugh2:
  16. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Sacrilege. :D I love ACO.

The remake of Clash of the Titans literally put me out cold. I woke up and didn't feel like I missed a thing but felt better for catching the nap.

The Planet Of The Apes remake is another waste of celluloid.

Red Dragon Some movies are like train wrecks, you watch even though it's not something good to look at. Lousy portrayal of a very good book. DeLaurnetiis just had to get his Hannibal rights back and make this atrocious film. Sucked big time.
  17. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    The plot twists in Blue Steel are truly comical. Too bad it was a drama.

[IMG]
    All flash, no bang.

[IMG]
    It was like watching someone in a coma and hoping they'd do something interesting. But they don't. Because they are in a coma.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    I liked the Abyss.

Different strokes for Different folks I guess as I have seen some other movies listed in this thread that might not be the best films ever but are a far cry from being the worst ever.
  19. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Here is my bad list:

Howard the Duck - George Lucas was on an all-time hot streak in the early 1980's. 1980 - The Empire Strikes Back, 1981 - Raiders of the Lost Ark, 1983 - Return of the Jedi, 1984 - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, 1985..... Howard the Duck????? And it was bad. It was disturbingly bad. Out of all the characters in the Marvel Universe, how could someone decide to do Howard the Duck anyway? Lucas must have been high.

The Matrix Revolutions - To take a movie as great as 'The Matrix' and destroy it with two progressively worse sequels was inexcusible. The second one could have been overlooked if this one ended the series with a bang, but out comes terrible dialogue with badly overused CG and some freaky uncomfortably out of place tribal-style dancing captured in slo-mo.

Swept Away - Madonna in a movie is probably going to be horrible anyway, but this was astonishingly bad when you consider Guy Richie's first two films: 'Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' and 'Snatch'. Awesome movies. To go from those two to this piece of crap is noteworthy.

Batman and Robin - Clooney, Arnold, Uma. Star power, monster budget, Joel Schumacher. And that was what they came up with? Who the heck thought that "bat-nipples" were a good idea and how soon did they get kicked out of Hollywood?
  20. Alumni2k11

Alumni2k11 Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)

1,050 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Some that come to mind, as far as one's I've been unfortunate enough to see.....Clash of the Titans remake, The (non)happening, Freddy Got Fingered, The Batman with George Clooney in it, Cyborg, Aliens vs. Predator Requiem, Driven and Speed 2.